Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Actual purchased ads is a problem, and a legal violation which needs to be looked into.

But all the non-ad “shared” social content created to bait, influence, and virally share division is IMHO orders of magnitude more importance to the outcome, and harder to track and not apparently violating any laws. It isn’t stopping either, because it isn’t a side effect or exploit, it’s exactly what social media systems are designed to do, share ideas and influence people. The fact is that they can be hijacked by bad actors into being a mass pseudo-mind-control system, but because all interaction is positive and makes money for the host; they don’t care so much about whether the content is good or evil.

Sure. Why not?

Carter Page, a former foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, informed the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday that he will not be cooperating with any requests to appear before the panel for its investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and would plead the Fifth, according to a source familiar with the matter.
[…]
Though Page’s resistance to testify may delay his appearance before the panel, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and Vice Chairman Mark Warner (D-Va.) have threatened to compel any official or Trump-connected figure who tries to evade the committee, including through the use of subpoenas.

Brookings Institute Analysis concludes Obstruction of Justice likely occurred:

In the analysis, Brookings concludes that even though Trump had the authority to fire Comey, he could not do so if the intention was to get in the way of an ongoing investigation.

“Attempts to stop an investigation represent a common form of obstruction. Demanding the loyalty of an individual involved in an investigation, requesting that individual’s help to end the investigation, and then ultimately firing that person to accomplish that goal are the type of acts that have frequently resulted in obstruction convictions,” Brookings analysts Barry Berke, Noah Bookbinder and Norman Eisen wrote.

The analysis concludes that if special counsel Robert Mueller comes to the same conclusion, legitimate articles of impeachment could be drawn up.

I can only imagine the heightened levels of concern that would sweep over Republican legislators.

“Sorry, I can’t comment because I haven’t yet read the findings of the investigation.”
“Sir, it’s been two weeks now. And you’re on the judiciary committee.”
“My staff says wait three and you’ll forget it ever happened.”

I recused myself from the investigation - remember? ;)

The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) is looking at Cambridge Analytica’s work for President Donald Trump’s campaign as part of its investigation into Russian efforts to meddle in the 2016 race, according to sources familiar with the probe.

The company is in the process of turning over documents to HPSCI, according to a source familiar with the committee’s work. Another source close to the investigation said that the probe’s focus on Cambridge Analytica is “fruitful.”

It won’t matter unless the GOP is on board.

Bout damn time. But then, they had plenty of chance to destroy anything they wanted.

(In case anyone doesn’t know, Cambridge Analytica is Jared’s data company.)

Maybe that will finally happen if the GOP power brokers don’t get their tax cuts.

Might need a poll: More evil, Kochs or the Mercers?

Mercer is worse imo. Kochs are pure capitalists, which is pretty bad, but Mercers willingly fund fascism and white supremacy.

Yeah good point, can’t really argue against that.

I’m going to insist on some kind of order here. They can’t all be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

On the other hand, if the wall is big enough…

Waitaminute

Donald Trump’s lawyers are open to having the president sit down for an interview with Robert Mueller, according to a senior White House official, as part of a wider posture of cooperation with the special counsel’s Russia probe.

If Mueller doesn’t request an interview by Thanksgiving, Trump’s lawyers might even force the issue by volunteering Trump’s time, the official said. The White House believes such an interview could help Mueller wrap up the probe faster and dispel the cloud of suspicion over Trump.

A meeting with Mueller could bring serious risks for Trump — exposing him to questions about everything from potential obstruction of justice over his firing of FBI Director James Comey to what Trump might know about Kremlin support for his presidential campaign.

Remember though, Kaspersky totally isn’t in bed with the Russian government and saying otherwise proves you’re conspiracy theorist.

I cannot imagine that any competent lawyer would allow Trump to be interviewed by Mueller if they could stop it.

Which explains why Trump’s lawyers are all for it? :)