Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

How is this news? I thought all this information was available when the dossier first leaked.

Russia is signatory to various European pacts that allow some European law decisions to reverse Russia’s own courts. I suppose the European feeling is if they are cut off they will just be even more harsh and autocratic at home. That might have made some slight amount of sense 10 or 15 years ago, but now it’s just crazy. Russia will do what Putin wants regardless. So allowing them to issue warrants or bans for political opponents is just submitting to them.

It’s not, sorry, I should have said so. We’ve known all that since at least January when NYT broke a story on it.

Ken Vogel, NYT:
BIG.

WaPo:
EXCLUSIVE

It’s BUT HER EMAILS all over again.

… and indeed that very Times article acknowledges that the information on the origin of the dossier was reported even earlier, by Mother Jones in October 2016. So it’s fully a year old.

Even if this were new information, it shouldn’t affect the discourse on the issue. It should surprise absolutely nobody that opposition research on Trump was funded by, gasp, Trump opponents, whether they’re Bush or Clinton or both. The actual relevant question is, is the dossier information true?

What you’re seeing is someone desperately trying to change the subject away from that (and the Post, for whatever baffling reason, playing along.)

Man, I really want to see the video the Russian have Trump. So they revoke a Visa of Putin critic, but when caught reverse themselves immediately. That looks suspicious as hell.

That could have been automatic – even Browder acknowledged that possibility – but yeah.

Maybe it’s suspicious, but it could also be innocuous. My understanding is that anyone on the Interpol list automatically gets their visa revoked. So I suppose it’s possible that some State Dept bureaucrat revoked the visa without realizing who it belonged to or that Putin was working the system. If so, the decision would quickly be reversed because it was an obvious blunder.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess that falls into never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence category.

Still, I want to see the video -)

This seems interesting:

You know how it is, you’re minding your own business, spill your coffee, get top secret NSA stuff.
Mondays, am I right?

The Senate Russia investigation has imploded and will release two separate reports, one from each party.

Party before country.

Mueller has been the only hope. And I think he’s doing a pretty good job.

My expectation is that Trump is setting up to fire Mueler. So it comes down to if that’s enough to get the Republicans to stand up.

It won’t be.

The rest of us will march in the streets but that won’t be enough.

I don’t see a lot of good things happening if he fires Mueller.

The server data could have revealed whether Georgia’s most recent elections were compromised by malicious hackers. The plaintiffs contend that the results of both last November’s election and a special June 20 congressional runoff— won by Kemp’s predecessor, Karen Handel — cannot be trusted.

Possible Russian interference in U.S. politics, including attempts to penetrate voting systems, has been an acute national preoccupation since the Obama administration first sounded the alarm more than a year ago.

Kemp and his GOP allies insist Georgia’s elections system is secure. But Marilyn Marks, executive director of the Coalition for Good Governance, a plaintiff, believes the server data was erased precisely because the system isn’t secure.

“I don’t think you could find a voting systems expert who would think the deletion of the server data was anything less than insidious and highly suspicious,” she said.

What a bunch of bastards. We really need to return to paper ballots.

Wiping a server, eh? Right up Fox News’ alley - they love stories about servers. Let’s see… nothing visible on their web site yet. Search ‘server’ - lots of Hillary, a couple about Trump tower server.

I’m sure they’ll be right on this, any moment now.

Is destroying likely evidence after being served with a suit not illegal in the US?