Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

I was just reading on some other forum about how the Russian scandal had “died down” because there hadn’t been any new developments for, y’know, 8 whole hours or so.

Jimmy Cricket! What I would expect in a sane universe:

US President: “Of course there’s no tape, I haven’t done anything in that dossier.”

President Trump: “Russia says they don’t have a tape. They said it right in the Kremlin press release! What more do you want?”

SERIOUSLY? I think some of the claims in the dossier might be true but not the tape, but maybe there IS a god damn tape?

Most intel experts seem to think there are likely multiple tapes.

This is Russia’s specialty and Trump isn’t exactly ethically sound in the first place. He’s been dealing with the Russians for decades at this point and he’s easily manipulated, while also having the morals of an amoeba.

Trump has a history of doing and saying extremely stupid things, because he operates under the belief that he is invulnerable.

He would have hookers piss on each other, not because he thought no one would know, but rather because he thought that he can do whatever he wants and no one can punish him for anything. Morality and ethics do not apply to him.

And thus far, throughout his entire life, this has been the case. There is a laundry list of not simply morally questionable, but downright abhorrent behavior on his part, going back to his actions as a god damned child.

He’s, straight up, a terrible person. And he doesn’t give even one fuck if you know he’s terrible, because you can’t do anything to him.

Confidential house briefing on the FBI investigation with some “extremely concerning” details.

“I was nonjudgmental until the last 15 minutes. I no
longer have that confidence in him,” Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.), ranking
member of the Veterans Affairs Committee, said as he left the meeting in
the Capitol.“Some of the things that were revealed in this classified briefing — my confidence has been shook.”

Trump aide in contact with kremlin while sanctions were being given for hacking.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A senior U.S. official says the Obama
administration is aware of frequent contacts between President-elect
Donald Trump’s top national security adviser and Russia’s ambassador to
the United States.
The official says the contacts happened on the day President Barack
Obama expelled dozens of Russian officials from the U.S. and imposed
sanctions as punishment for election-related hacking. The official says
the administration is also aware of contacts between Trump adviser
Michael Flynn and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at other times as well.
The day after Obama announced sanctions, Russian President Vladimir
Putin said he would not retaliate. Trump praised him for his restraint.

Flynn’s conversations were first reported by Washington Post
columnist David Ignatius. The official was not authorized to confirm the
contacts publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Washington Post Column with more details

According to a senior U.S. government official, Flynn phoned Russian
Ambassador Sergey Kislyak several times on Dec. 29, the day the Obama
administration announced the expulsion
of 35 Russian officials as well as other measures in retaliation for
the hacking. What did Flynn say, and did it undercut the U.S. sanctions?
The Logan Act
(though never enforced) bars U.S. citizens from correspondence
intending to influence a foreign government about “disputes” with the
United States. Was its spirit violated? The Trump campaign didn’t
immediately respond to a request for comment.

This shit is getting real.

Logan Act violations never go anywhere, even when it’s something that appears obvious. I mean ask Reagan’s people how sharp the teeth are for Logan. As sharp as a goldfish’s bite.

The way this is going, can a PEOTUS be impeached before he takes office?

No, he cannot - you can only impeach a POTUS. Though they could certainly start ten minutes afterward.

A different question is: can currently private citizen Trump be charged with espionage and thrown in jail with no bail (say) tomorrow, even if he’s PEOTUS? And if so, what happens on Inauguration Day? Do they have to let him out? Does he still get the nuke codes while in jail? Etc. etc.

It would be super awesome to have the FBI arrest him at his own inauguration just as he is being sworn in.

A man can dream.

Speaking of now-quaint things, here’s one of the top hits if you Google “Can you impeach the President Elect”

No. Technically speaking, the President-elect doesn’t hold any official office, and holds no official power until inaugurated. There’s no means in the Constitution to impeach someone who’s not in office.

In theory, Congress could impeach the President the instant he or she took office. But that’d be a hideous breach of their Constitutional duties, since no newly-inaugurated President could have committed “high crimes and misdemeanors”! (Seriously, what’s the argument here? “He…he said something mean during his inaugural address!”

Oh to be so young and innocent again.

I hope Trump is well protected, because while most of us simple nod, get shocked or lament all of this, maybe somebody would decided to murder this men. And that will be a bad thing for everyone currently living in this planet.

It would only be bad for his ego, because of the resulting jubilation.

He is, he’s a President. And someone will because they do for basically every President at some point, though most of the time it’s taking pot shots at the White House (or presumably Trump Tower as well).

Also, behind him you have Pence, then Ryan. It’s not like most policy will change if Trump weren’t President, though I do think most of us would feel a bit safer.

LOL how you really feel Timex?

I do completely agree that Trump’s ego and sense of entitlement are so enormous and self-control so tiny that he feels he can do anything he wants, break any rules, and there won’t be any consequences. For most of his life, he has been right.

A terrible person is as good a term as any.

More than a little bit. I can’t say I’m a fan of Pence but I’m fairly comfortable saying he is not a raging void of narcissism with the impulse control and temperament of a child. And if he is, he has hidden it well.

“Russia says the tape doesn’t exist” is, apart from being absurd, also a tactic admission that the possibility existed for the Russians to create such a tape.

The “Probably…” cracked me up because it took me a second to realize that it was a lead in to his next Tweet so I thought he was teasing us saying, “But hey, maybe they do have the tape!” The next Tweet in that chain is just as bad though:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/819865802849587200

Not, “I never did any of these things” but, “You can’t prove any of this.”

And then, of course, the reassurance that the people he appoints to the intelligence agencies will issue their report exonerating him in 90 days.

He’s not even trying to hide it, which is concerning. He just doesn’t give a fuck and is basically saying, “What are you going to do about it.”

I thought one of the more telling moments in his press conference came when they were asking about his tax returns and he was saying they are basically irrelevant now. He then said, “I won, when I became president.” Not, “I won the election and became president,” but "I won when I became president. He’s not saying he won the election, he’s saying he won, well, everything in his mind. You lost, I won, too late to do anything about it now.

Well to quote the man himself, “the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don’t know.”