Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

And yet, all the news organizations are running with it and pushing the narrative. You don’t find out it’s for a small number of individuals and organizations that will never be impacted until nearly the end of the articles.

Why don’t news orgs call this weak ass shit out? Even the Wash Post is blathering on

“It’s a noteworthy step, as President Trump has shown reluctance to blame the Kremlin for tampering with the 2016 presidential race despite the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that Moscow did so.”

It should be acknowledged. Coverage should be as balanced and unbiased as possible, both good and bad.

I think news organizations are just not equipped to handle the type of thing that has been happening the last couple years. News was easy for a rather long time there because for the most part, the administration was very honest. They were not saying one thing while telling you not to look behind the curtain so much. That’s not the case anymore.

Just to clarify, I was wondering how this fits Trump‘s own narrative that no interference took place. The sanctions themselves have very little effect and are pretty much meaningless.

Nevertheless, the media is running with the story and it’s an admission by his own administration that there was Russian interference. I’d be interested how this plays with his base that is still in complete denial.

Fair enough, my bad, and apologies. Those are all very good questions to ask, and at this point we don’t have too many answers.

It was interesting that Trump in a photo op today also named Russia specifically for its involvement in the UK poisoning. Coordinated response? Dunno.

I will say that Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee put out a strongly worded condemnation of the weakness of these sanctions today.

Oh, no worries. I didn’t exactly phrase that clearly and since i don’t post here often, i might as well have been a trolling Trumpkin.

You’re giving his supporters an awful lot of credit here. You expect them to somehow notice that the Russian sanctions and his denials are contradictory AND keep up all their winning?

When do we get to indict the members of the committee for obstruction?

The committee has already been investigated by the committee and determined that there was no obstruction.

Donnie Jr. is getting an uncontested divorce from his wife, meaning they’re not going to fight over child custody or distribution of their assets.

What does that have to do with this thread? Because it turns out his wife has retained a criminal defense lawyer to represent her in the divorce.

Why get an expert in criminal law for an uncontested divorce? Well, they’re likely to know a bunch about how a criminal prosecution might affect a defendant’s assets …

Did Donnie Sr. not pass on to Donnie Jr. his Art of the Deal method for iron-clad pre-nuptual “I keep everything, you get squat” agreements?

No, the divorce is just to protect his assets for his upcoming prosecutions.

Maybe? But it’s also plausible that being married to a self-centered asshole has a downside.

He wrote a book on it:

The malignant deviancy of the Trump Administration and Trumpist supporters in Congress continues apace. The decision of the House Intelligence committee Republicans to close their investigation into Russian interference with the completely non-credible claim that they found no evidence of Russian interference is yet another sign of the moral and intellectual vacuuity of Trumpism. But it is also something more – it is, sadly, a sign that the liberal order of intelligence oversight is breaking down fatally. And therein hangs a tale – and the spiking of a book I’ve written…

…My professional career has spanned Presidents from Reagan to Trump. Of all except the last, I could confidently say that their basic commitment to the rule of law was undoubted. Of all except the last, I could also say that Congressional oversight, while sometimes ineffective, served as a significant check on the misuse of power. I can say that no longer…

…The last straw for me was this week’s announcement by the Republicans in the House that they have found no evidence of collusion – directly contradicting what the Special Counsel has uncovered and revealing that the function of oversight is now dead in Congress. Thus two thirds of my thesis (the premise of legality by the Executive and oversight by the Legislative) is now untenable. And I have 90,000 words that are no longer ones I am willing to publish.

Since it’s (almost certainly) related to the Comey firing, might as well put it here for the record: Sessions has fired Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe. At 10 pm on a Friday, two days before his retirement. Nothing odd about that, it’s perfectly normal, so much winning!

Cue the Danny Glover gifs!

That’s some cold shit.

The fact that the IG specifically accelerated the release of the portion of the report relating to McCabe, does not look good for DoJ.

I’m a little confused why the IG would accelerate the report. Apparently Yoo (the torture memo guy under Bush) had six months to prepare his side of the story.

Regardless of the findings of the IG, I hope McCabe sues trump, the DoJ, and more importantly, Fox News.