Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Yeah, this right here. You can’t negotiate a world where you accept people who believe all brown people, non-heterosexual people and Jews and well… anyone NOT EXACTLY LIKE THEM, should be six feet underground.

Sorry @David2, that shit is fucking non-negotiable.

Are there other things the Dems could do to reach out to traditional Republican voters who held their nose and voted for Trump? Would the left of the party stand for it (and should it)?

Ultimately I agree that outside of a very few GOP senators most of the GOP elected representatives are totally on board the fascism train. Whether enthusiastically or out of what they perceive as necessity stops mattering beyond a certain point. Trying to compromise with them is futile and potentially disastrous.

Well, I may show myself naïve, but I think it’s far less than any general population supporting Nazism, and more about people afraid, alone, and struggling to find a sympathetic camp that values them as a priority. I also don’t think Nazism is by any stretch mainstream, despite the presidents very soft stance in this area. Sorry, don’t know how else to put it…this feels more like a excuse than a real grounded concern…

Amendment_ IF Nazism was a actual condition of the new American identity…then I would first be utterly shocked and appalled and then agree yes American should dissolve. We have outlived our value as a country…

Also, that there appear to be literally dozens of them.

I mean the fundamental problem is that, as a matter of operating procedure, one party has literally stated that they will only put forward legislation if it can pass with only their parties votes. Which means the fringe extreme of that party controls things, since the only way to do that is get their votes. Which means that there is no possibility of across the aisle compromise, it is literally their stated procedure.

There absolutely is things that could be bipartisan worked on. Things that would 100% pass if put up for vote. The problem is that unless they know for certain it can pass with only GOP votes, Ryan won’t put it up. Which means those bipartisan solutions are literally wasted effort since they will never go up for a vote.

The GOP is 100% to blame for this, and 100% the problem. That, and single seat first past the post elections, which incentivize this.

The Hastert rule, invented by the longest-serving GOP speaker of the house in history. Oh, and he also raped some children and ended up in prison. Dozens of GOP politicians wrote the judge to plead for leniency.

Family values.

Not exactly. The Hastert “rule” states that Republicans will only put forward legislation that is supported by a majority of Republicans. That may not be enough to pass without bipartisan support.

Hastert himself ignored the rule at least a dozen times, probably more often than Pelosi did.

No shit, Sherlock.

Dowd just resigned; said that Trump wasn’t listening to him anymore.

Sad trombone.

What a weird world we live in. NO CHAOS! Everything’s fine and stable!

Considering it was Dowd trying to stop Trump from sitting with Mueller, maybe we’ll all get the gift of a Trump deposition.

Trump will fire Mueller I think, right after he interviews with him.

Nah, Trump will send a tweet saying Mueller is fired. And since no one who actually knows what’s going on is left in the White House, nobody will be willing or able to tell Donnie that he can’t fire Mueller himself.

Then Donnie will fire everyone else he can for not giving him Mueller’s head on a platter. At that point the government will end up being run by the White House kitchen staff - the best people, they give Trump all the ice cream he wants - the staff of Infowars, and two of the blonder Fox News anchors.

(If Trump really wants to fire Mueller then he needs to get rid of Rosenstein, and likely Sessions, first, then put someone in their place who will do exactly what he wants. That sort of maneuver might have been easy for Nixon to pull off, but it’s much more of a challenge for a guy who is routinely baffled as to why his phone keeps putting squiggles under the words in his tweets.)

Literally laugh-out-loud funny. And likely true.

His phone underlines the best words! Those are the ones that only Trump has!

I stole the punchline from the Borowitz Report, but I can’t for the life of me find a link to it.

11 days ago…

More like the Failing Donald J. Trump… amirite?!