Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

The complications with Pence may explain why congressional Repubs have waffled so much on investigating. They may be mostly behind getting rid of DT and his crew, but they want to keep Pence as new pres. If he is also possibly implicated, they have to figure out a way to not take out both Trump and Pence and force Ryan to be promoted. Although I guess Scott Walker would get to appoint someone else to Ryan’s seat, so maybe a net gain in their eyes anyhow.

I’m not sure he’ll be able to take down Jesus.

They’re kids. I don’t mean figuratively or something, I actually think a lot of them really are literal teenagers in that place. Most of them treat the entire thing like a joke - you know, “Wouldn’t it be funny if we got Trump elected! Woo!”.

Looks like he’s following her again…so either she’s going to resign soon OR it was a simple, but strange, mistake.

Or they’re messing with us to deflect attention from something else.

I just can’t imagine the idiots that are using cell phones to light up classified material at Trump’s country club, among all the other moronic events of the past months, are really incredibly savvy & smart manipulators that are working the media & general public like a puppet. But what if that’s what they want us to think?!?!

It’s basic yomi level 3, man.

Whoa…

See this, THIS is the problem.either they have something concrete or they don’t. If they do, it should have been shared last year. Enough with the national security bullshit. I don’t care if they have to pull sources out to protect them or what have you, but this “we know shit but can’t disclose any of it” has gone on too damned long. Sick and tired of hiding whatever it is they know from the American people while our elections, official correspondence, etc. gets tampered with repeatedly. At what point can they not just sit on the sidelines and watch our government get violated again and again.

Or perhaps someone can justify why not disclosing what they know and how they know it could possibly be worth allowing this to continue any longer? (I mean, this is so frustrating, but maybe there’s something I’m missing in the bigger picture)

Yowza.

Not sure what the rant is about, exactly.

If it’s regarding the new NYT story, you may rest assured that if the Times could have run this story before November 8, they would have, gleefully.

What’s happening right now is that Trump–once in office–declared war on the US intel community, and they have declared war right back. All of this reportage is the result of new information and sources stepping forward in such a way that the Times and Post can corroborate stories and feel comfortable writing these articles.

And you know this how? All the polls said he would lose, and news spent an awful lot of time talking about emails. If the journalist did some, I don’t know, journalism work instead of chasing Trump down to record ever thought and soundbite that popped into the man’s head it might be easier to believe that the journalism was occurring and therefore reveals would have been made had they be found.

I’m mostly with Misguided on this one. I have zero confidence that any of the major news outlets did their due diligence prior to the election.

Well, to be fair, I’m frustrated with how many different parties handled things, including the previous administration, fbi, etc. my intent here was to criticize the intelligence sources, though, not the NYTimes. Sorry for any confusion.

“Law enforcement and intelligence agencies” are cited by the article. I want those agencies to spill what they know.

I have a different beef with the press, mainly that I believe if they had taken Trump more seriously, and not endlessly spewed rehashes of fake news, the outcome of the election might have been different. They were played like a fiddle.

The Washington Post and Newsweek were all over Trump’s shit before the election but it didn’t matter. Too many voters didn’t care about ANY of it. It’s insane.

That’s not how intel works. For starters, they probably don’t have a ton of practice whistleblowing against an adversarial administration who seems to be acting counter to the best interests of national security. It’s also worth noting that “spilling what you know” in intelligence means you’re running close to, if not explicitly, running the risk of losing assets, putting lives in danger, etc.

You have to understand why they don’t. If the information cannot be corroborated, then they’re committing slander/libel by going public. In this case, however, when they knew that members of Trump’s team were in touch with Russian intelligence, I think there was some sort of obligation to bring that information to the attention of the public – or at the very least, to the attention of congress. It should have been done as early as possible. The election was so charged that you and I both know that the GOP would have screamed bloody murder and rabidly accused the Obama administration of meddling in the election. Obama may have made the decision to punt on the issue, knowing full well that it would come out when Trump was in office. That way, he and the GOP shoulder all of the blame without any of the finger pointing. Sure, angry liberals will point at Obama and ask WTF, but the GOP has no case for doing that.

Because the New York Times and Washington Post like to sell newspapers and get clicks, and stories like this will do that.

And as rowe just pointed out, the Washington Post was doing some tremendous journalism that should have raised serious questions about Trump, and was doing so all summer long and through election day. Go type “Fahrenthold” into the QT3 search.

Exactly. A story like the Times just ran is a political hit piece if it appears in October, and there’s finger pointing and partisan bickering. The nature of the story itself changes once Trump is the sitting president.