Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Kudlow: Haley’s announcement of more sanctions was a result of some “momentary confusion” for her.

Haley, just now: “With all due respect, I don’t get confused.”

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

Haley out of a job in 3…2…

And Kudlow goes slinking back.

Honestly, in the Trump administration, being telegenic is far more important than policy chops, knowledge, and background.

Nikki Haley is going to beat Larry Kudlow on that key attribute all day long in the eyes of His Royal Orangeness.

Politico gets the headline wrong. The key component of the House members introducing/signing onto that bill isn’t that they’re Republican. It’s that they’re retiring lame ducks who wield little to no power in the House.

This would all be more entertaining if Trump’s chief economic advisor were Lisa Kudrow. It’s not like the policy would be any worse in that case, either.

Well hey, whaddatya know? Michael Cohen is all mobbed up. This article actually dates back to January, but it seems especially relevant now:

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/new-york/notorious-russian-mobster-home-article-1.3783151

[During the 90s, head of the Russian mob in NYC] Balagula maintained an office at the El Caribe Country Club, a Brooklyn catering hall and event space owned by the uncle of President Donald Trump’s longtime personal lawyer, Michael Cohen.

The uncle, Dr. Morton Levine, said that all his nieces and nephews have an ownership in the company, but that Cohen “gave up his stake,” after Trump was elected.

(Cohen is also a childhood buddy of Felix Sater, the convicted felon/Russian mob guy turned FBI informant turned Trump business consultant.)

This is isn’t a spy story; it’s a mob story. And Trump’s role in it isn’t Tony Soprano cannily calling the shots. Instead he’s the idiot friend of a minor member of the family whose blundering draws the heat.

worth a try

IIRC The El Caribe had commercials on TV late at night. Terrible commercials about an incredibly tacky venue. Just the kind of place Trump would love.

Trump as a Fredo who got lucky. I can see that.

11 House Republicans want DoJ to investigate -

-Hillary Clinton
-James Comey
-Andrew McCabe
-Sally Yates
-Loretta Lynch
-Peter Strzok
-Lisa Page
-Dana Boente

Only 11?

It’s certainly more, but crayon tends to not to be legible so the final list had to be trimmed.

New York State has a double jeopardy law that prevents New Yorkers from being tried on a State charge if they’ve already been tried on a Federal charge.

This opens a loophole, where, conceivably, a Presidential pardon of Federal charges could prevent a person from being charged in New York on State charges either, thus allowing them to escape charges altogether. This gets especially nasty if the pardon is a blanket “You are pardoned for any crimes you might have done in the past, even if we have no idea what there are yet” pardon like Ford gave Nixon.

Today New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman asked the state legislature to close the loophole

Gee, I wonder why he’s asking now?

Does he really smoke?

From what I was reading, he at least at some point smoked cigars. Apparently the shot is from a controversial video that he claims is fake, that is supposed to be video of him vaping with an e-cig.

Someone told him a scientist said smoking was bad for your health and he smoked an entire carton in a day.

the video:

Man, I hate him. The anti-Kronkite.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-allies-press-rosenstein-in-private-meeting-in-latest-sign-of-tensions/2018/04/18/ae2e2fd6-433b-11e8-ad8f-27a8c409298b_story.html

Two of President Trump’s top legislative allies met with Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein this week to press him for more documents about the conduct of law enforcement officials involved in the Russia probe and the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s email server, according to three people who were not authorized to speak publicly about the discussion.

Rosenstein’s meeting at his office Monday with Reps. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) came days after Meadows, an influential Trump confidant, warned Rosenstein that he could soon face impeachment proceedings or an effort to hold him in contempt of Congress if he did not satisfy GOP demands for documents.

Trump and Meadows spoke at some point after the meeting, the three people said, but they declined to share details of the exchange.
[…]
“They’ve been saying I’m going to get rid of them for the last three months, four months, five months, and they’re still here,” Trump said at a news conference Wednesday when asked about Mueller and Rosenstein.

Meadows, in a brief interview Wednesday, acknowledged that he met with Rosenstein earlier in the week.

“We keep getting promises that Congress will get the documents it has requested, but there has been little action that has supported those promises,” Meadows said. He called the meeting the culmination of the “dissatisfaction I’ve expressed on a number of occasions with varying degrees of passion.”

A Justice Department spokesman declined to comment.