Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Yeah, i honestly don’t know what they were thinking. These memos are disasters for Trump’s administration.

Maybe one, just one of them, has some patriotism and wants to sabotage the administration?

Far fetched, I know, but… maybe?

LOL no. Here’s their (Nunes/Goodlatte/Gowdy) take on the memos. Most importantly, “Comey was willing to work for someone immoral.” Hey, asshats, the FBI doesn’t work for the President. Their oath is to the Constitution and they work for the American people. Further, “Comey never memorialized conversations with Obama.” Wanna take a guess on why you stupid fucks? I’m sorry but christ Republicans illicit a fire hose of rage. What is wrong with them?

I can see how he reminds Comey of the mafia when he talks about “that thing we had”. Our thing? La cosa nostra? To him, doing the right thing means trading favors with the people you share “loyalty” with.

Speculation is that it was someone at DOJ who leaked them first to prevent selective leaking by Nunes.

Yeah, they’re idiots, tho. By not writing “TRUMP OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE1” in 24-point type Comey is playing the steely eyed objective witness dryly recounting just-the-facts. It’ll be Mueller’s job to argue this was obstruction.

Besides, the claim has never been Trump obstructed justice by hindering Comey while he was working at the FBI - the claim has always been the obstruction was the act of firing Comey.

(And of course if Comey had written, “And that’s when I said, ‘Hey, he’s obstructing justice here’” in the memos, the Nunes argument would then be, “Comey was trying to force his legal interpretation all along, not record the facts.”)

The propaganda machine is out in force, with the lead troll showing the way. Is this ever going to end?

well memos seem to indicate twitler knew flynn was compromised and appointed him anyway.

plus the hooker things and he lied about never meeting putin or being in moscow.

NO COLLUSION!! NO COLLUSION!! NO COLLUSION!!

Tangent on:
Completely tangential, but one thing that’s come out of this is I’m personally handing in my progressive/liberal/left card. The stupid obsession “Left Twitter” has with Comey’s role in the Clinton email scandal is just mind blowingly dumb. It’s like there are bad actors and good actors, and if someone exercised poor judgement that axiomatically makes them a bad actor and ergo anything they have to say is worthless. Good christ.
Tangent off.

As much as I think what he did probably cost her the election and was poor judgment, the only person to blame for her email woes really is Hillary Clinton herself. How the fuck could they not see that train wreck coming after 2 decades of the right trying to crawl up every orifice to find something on her. They had to know if it came out it would result in a shit storm.

Posted this in a different thread, but you’re advocating that we prostrate ourselves to the right wing media outrage machine. More importantly if this starts another god damn Clinton bashing tangent somebody please exercise their 2A rights and fucking shoot me.

Not to worry. In a few billion years, the sun will swell to immense size and swallow the inner solar system.

Comey was unquestionably and undeniably a bad actor, and deserves to be called out on it.

This does not mean he is identical to Trump. For example, he’s not a stupid as Trump. He’s not a traitor like Trump. And he’s not, so far as I can tell, a blatant liar about straightforward facts like Trump.

But he shares something important with Trump: he deliberately, publicly and gleefully trashed long-established rules and norms to gain a partisan advantage for his team, consequences be damned. He’s not, as he loves to present himself, a pure and noble paladin standing alone against the forces of untruth. He was instead a willing footsoldier in the Republican army of bullshit.

And I’m not just talking about his release of the Weiner e-mails memo right before the election: that was the last act of his play, not the first. I’m talking about his grandstanding about Clinton’s e-mails in the summer before the election.

There are certain norms and rules the FBI used to follow. First, do not comment on ongoing investigations. Second, if a case concludes without charges, file your report and move on. Third and most important, do not meddle in elections. Comey, against the advice of his superiors, intentionally decided to violate the last two rules by holding a grandstanding press conference where he excoriated Clinton (for doing exactly the same things Bush officials had done before her, and that Trump officials are doing right now) at great length while allowing, in parentheses, that no, he didn’t have a single thing on her legally.

Then he made a truly idiotic decision: he made a promise in advance to violate the first rule by saying he’d report back on any new information to Congress - knowing full well that Republicans in Congress would leak anything he sent them the minute he sent it.

Comey essentially transformed himself into a doomsday device that the GOP could activate at any time. All they had to do was get some allies (e.g. the NYC FBI office) to feed some apparently damning information about Clinton to the FBI; Comey would be obligated to repeat it to Congress, who would then spin it as “FBI re-opens Clinton investigation.” It didn’t matter if the damning information was bullshit; time it right and it could still have an impact on the election.

This, of course, is exactly what happened.

Comey could have disarmed the doomsday device if he had truly wanted to. He could have, and should have, resigned, taking the device out of the GOP’s hands. But he didn’t, meaning he was happier rolling the dice on his party’s doomsday device instead of resigning and looking bad to his fellow Republicans.

We are now all paying for his terrible - and quite deliberate - decisions.

Now, you can argue maybe this isn’t the time to rake Comey over the coals for his actions. The enemy of my enemy, etc. And while I don’t have much nice to say about Comey, I will say this: he is a pillar of integrity when compared to Trump.

But at the same time Comey is emblematic of the many, many Republicans who cheerfully paved the bullshit highway in advance of Trump but who now claim their hands are clean just because they don’t stink quite as much as Donnie. Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it, etc.

Well said and an excellent summary/recap.

I’d modify the recap slightly. Comey didn’t break with FBI norms/SOP because he was a Republican, he did it because, consciously or subconsciously, he bought into the Clinton Rules that the right-wing rage machine has built up over the last 30 years. Things which are considered normal and innocuous when done by anyone else, are nefarious signs of deep and utter corruption when done by someone named Clinton. Or, if you prefer, the Clintons are uniquely corrupt and guilty of something, we need only investigate long enough and dig deep enough to find out what that something is.

Step Right Up And Feast Your Eyes On The Unfathomable Comey, The Man Who Is Both Good And Bad! The Beautiful Monster Who Makes Resisters’ Minds Spin! Betrayer Of Hillary! Enemy Of Trump! Behold This Freak Of Nature!

This is a really strong argument Comey messed up. I’d love to hear his response to this. He clearly has a justification in his mind for his actions.

So much this.

I think it’s pretty clear what Comey did : He was more concerned about his keeping his personal brand pristine and advancing his ‘sense of justice’ vs what is good for the FBI and the nation as a whole.