Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Trump literally said, on camera, that he had never asked God for forgiveness ever.

Forgiveness in Christianity is contingent upon repentance. It’s not, “God forgives people as is politically expedient.”

There’s a few variations of this out there

There is a difference between his hard core supporters and the folks who voted for him. We have already seen a big drop off in the polls from the number of folks who strongly approve of the President Trump.

Interesting:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/23/politics/michael-flynn-jr-donald-trump/index.html

Add it all up and the most likely scenario here is that Flynn Jr. was just talking on Twitter without any real evidence to back up his claims about his dad.
But man oh man, if Flynn is willing to say under oath that he in fact never did lie to Pence, then the vice president would have some explaining to do.

Not sure what it would even change. We all know Trump, Pence, and the whole fricking administration are liars and/or really shitty people. Why would Pence have to explain anything? Fake news!, he’d shout. And the next ridiculous Trump event would make everyone forget about it immediately.

It pulls in Pence who was keeping out of it for the most part.

Of course Pence can say Flynn is perjuring himself and given Flynn’s history of stupidity and lying Pence probably comes off looking better there.

Well, this is the same Michael Flynn Jr who pushed pizzagate, and who’s last mention in the news before this one was:

Michael Flynn didn’t smack his son enough growing up.

Michael Flynn, as was true of his father before him, didn’t pull out fast enough.

I’m sure this will result in a prompt and thorough investigation by Congress to determine whether any security protocols were breached. (cough)

Hahahahaha /wipes tears

But his cell phone calls!

When I saw the headline, I assumed this was a device he’d been given that had enhanced security, like Obama’s Blackberry.

Nope.

My mind boggles at how this is possible.

Apparently, no one has pointed out to him that it’s entirely possible his phone is being monitored by US intelligence.

Certainly any of the calls to Putin are.

Because rules and laws literally don’t apply to him for no reason at all.

Or classified intel leaked - though as we’ve seen, he’ll do that right in front of his National Security Advisors, burning sources, etc.

The President is ultimately the one who decides if something is classified or not, and whether or not a particular mechanism is secure or not. The classification authority flows from the POTUS down to the individual cabinet members down to the agencies down to the rank-and-file. Not the other way.

So if Trump wants to write the true identity of some spy on a flag in three-foot-high letters and fly it over the local McDonald’s, he is by definition NOT mishandling classified information. This has always been the case, but like most of our norms we’ve simply never had to worry about it until now.

This raises all sorts of fascinating questions the country has never had to consider before.

Suppose Trump talks to Hannity on his (Trump’s) personal cell, and tells him that he’s considering an airstrike against a specific Iranian nuclear installation. Hannity has no security clearance - does that automatically declassify anything he told Hannity?

He tells Hannity the same thing, but starts with “this is super-top secret, you can’t tell anyone, ever”. Does that give Hannity some form of security clearance?

While all this is going on, it turns out that Hannity’s phone was being monitored by Russia. Who is guilty of mishandling top-secret information? Anyone?

Has there ever been a dumber man in the office of President of the United States I wonder?