Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

It’s a shame he can’t be courtmartialed for conduct unbecoming, cause he’s the poster child for it.

unbecoming of what, a human?

The phrase is “conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman”, so yeah, Trump’s the anti-gentleman.

Actually, I think most of those questions have come up before.

If a member of the media gets access to classified information, it’s still classified. Even if it becomes public knowledge. It’s not declassified until all the necessary paperwork to declassify something is filed. There is all sorts of classified material in various engineering textbooks for example.

If Trump tells Hannity, “Don’t tell anyone, this is top secret” then Hannity is free to ignore him. Classification restricts what government employees or people with a security clearance can say, not the general public.

That’s also why it’s fireable (and illegal?) for anyone in the government to look at the Snowden leaks. IT doesn’t matter that it’s in the public record, it’s still classified and thus they would be viewing classified information they aren’t authorized for.

Again, this comes down to a lot of our rules for the Executive branch are really just common sense “gentleman’s agreements” or guidelines with no actual laws or legal consequences. Trump’s presidency has put a spotlight on these holes because he doesn’t care about any toothless rules.

He seems to not care about the laws that are on the books as well as those unwritten “gentleman’s agreement” ones. He pretty much has live his life giving zero credence to laws in general.

Clearly not.

The key item here is “wants”, I don’t think it was a desired outcome, just a stupid one. It ain’t illegal, just stupid (and likely to get someone killed - loose lips sink ships, etc.).

Same goes for the cell phone and Twitter.

I hope the intelligenc agencies, start redirecting his cellphone calls to agents with good voice impersonation skills. So when he calls Hannity, Flynn, Bannon etc. he isn’t talking to that person, but to a actor/analyst.

This would ensure that classified material isn’t leaked and piss off Trump that Hannity, Bannon etc seem to be ignoring what he is telling them.

Speaking of which, I wonder what Bannon is up to these days?

Torturing small animals, one would presume.

I lolled.

Bannon has a plan to end the Mueller probe but no one is talking about it because that’s not how you play 8 Dimensional Chess. Also he has to run it through the Kremlin first and he’s waiting to hear back. Also, he dropped some cheese and he can’t figure out which layer of shirts it fell between so he’s a little distracted.

Didn’t see this earlier, and it is worth mentioning:

These are the phone calls he lied about, and is charged with lying about, AFAIK (though I do think Mueller has more on him).

There is the lying, plus the problems stemming from not registering as a foreign agent for the work he was doing for people like Turkey. Will be interesting to see what all Mueller has in the end.

Yeah, but I will take it as at least a little good news that he wasn’t completely selling out the country the whole time to our oldest enemy. He still may have been, and lying about working for a foreign power is a big deal, especially for the position he was being appointed to, but at least in this particular insurance it isn’t as bad as it could have been, apparently.

I’m not interested in what Mueller has on Flynn. I’m interested in what Flynn has on others.

https://twitter.com/mikememoli/status/989226661542580224?s=19

Cohen taking the 5th in Stormy Daniels suit:

Per the popehat analysis above, it really was his only choice if the judge wouldn’t allow the stay without it.