Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

He refused before (so they hired Cobb). I wonder what’s changed…

Rudolph W. Giuliani, a new attorney on President Trump’s legal team, said Thursday that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III is seeking to “trap” the president into committing perjury with a request for an extended interview.

“What they’re really trying to do is trap him into perjury, and we’re not suckers,” Giuliani, a former New York City mayor and federal prosecutor, said during a morning interview on “Fox & Friends.”

So the President’s lawyer is freely admitting the President will commit perjury if asked about things he’s done under oath.

The most obvious explanations for why Trump would perjure himself under questioning are:

1. Trump is guilty as hell.
  2. Trump is a compulsive liar who is literally incapable of telling the truth.
  3. Trump cannot remember what happened yesterday, let alone a year ago, i.e he’s mentally incompetent to be put under oath.

(As it happens, all three are true.)

Why isn’t Trump willing to testify under oath as both Clintons did? In a sane world, the entire press would be demanding that the President explain himself or do the honorable thing and resign - that’s what they did with Nixon.

But of course they’ll give Donnie a pass (and perhaps praise Rudy’ “bold counteroffensive”), because they’re cowards.

“We’re not suckers”. Oh Rudy, judging from your embarrassing appearance on Fox, you massively overrate yourself.

The reasoning the Republican Strategist gave on NPR yesterday was that it’s basically impossible for a person to remember things they said just yesterday, so it’s therefore impossible for Trump not to accidentally perjure himself. So basically the Republican argument is that nobody should ever testify under oath ever. Ignore Trump’s previous statement about only guilty people pleading the fifth. How could he even be expected to remember he said that?

He’s not wrong…

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

The New York FBI are, of course, the same fine folks who told the New York Times in October 2016 that there was absolutely nothing to the Russia story. They’re also the ones who meddled in the election by leaking hints that there was a (completely non-existent) bombshell in the Weiner e-mails, thus forcing Comey to officially notify Congress, thus resulting in “FBI re-opens Clinton investigations” headlines and the election of Trump.

So far it’s been generally assumed that much of the New York office of the FBI were rabidly pro-Trump and close buddies with Rudy. They used Breitbart as their source for investigating the Clinton Foundation, after all.

Why is Comey, a guy whom they contemptuously used as tool, whitewashing the NY FBI who screwed him over and rushing to its defense?

Because kissing their asses serves his purposes at the moment. Comey is saying to the NY FBI, “Trump will throw you to the wolves in a New York minute, even if you supported him in the past. There’s still time for you to join me on Planet Whitewash. I can teach you how to forget about your past and remake yourself into a righteous paladin of justice, so long as no one asks any awkward questions.”

(Needless to say Rudy referring to them as stormtroopers was a bad idea. But pretty much the only defense left to Trump and company is, “Sure we’re corrupt as hell … but we’re less corrupt than everybody else and the whole system is rigged against us.”)

I think that Comey simply has a deep respect for the entire FBI organization.

I doubt the entire NY field office was involved that effort.

Lordy, I guess there were some tapes.

Al Capone was slightly more fit for high public office than Dennison, or Barron, or whatever the hell he’s calling himself now.

(From a former FBI agent and lawyer)

I’m suffering from ‘Big Deal’ fatigue. Still, I’m glad that Law Talkin’ Guys are keeping tabs on all this stuff.

Would make a great name for a tv law procedural.

Seriously. It’s one BIG DEAL after another. The guy is a fucking crook. Can we cuff him yet?!

It’s such a crime that Phil Hartman was taken from us so young.

Hutz: [Judge Snyder]'s had it in for me since I kinda ran over his dog.
Marge: You did?
Hutz: Well, replace the word “kinda” with “repeatedly” and the word “dog” with “son.”

“Don’t worry, Mr. Simpson. I saw an episode of Matlock yesterday. The sound was off, but I think I got the gist.”

Ding. I’m over it, have been for too long. I’m ready for something to actually come of all these big deals.

Essentially you can just replace “This is a BIG DEAL” with “This would be a BIG DEAL with any other President but the GOP is a collection of complete shithead assholes so it doesn’t really matter”.

Pretty much. The man is unfit for the office.