Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Vote that trash out. Hard to believe he was ever elected.

The documents don’t describe cow shit so the content is over his head.

A LOT of people elected to the House these days are basically well-connected, mildly telegenic ciphers who can barely fog a mirror, and do what they’re told.

One of the people who spoke to AP said the questioning focused entirely on two officials from Trump’s campaign who have been indicted by Mueller: Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and Manafort’s longtime deputy, Rick Gates. Gates agreed to plead guilty to federal conspiracy and false-statement charges in February and began cooperating with investigators.

This person said Barrack was interviewed “months ago” and was asked a few questions about Gates’ work on Trump’s inaugural committee, which Barrack chaired, and but there were no questions about the money raised by that committee.

A second person with knowledge of the Barrack interview said the questioning was broader and did include financial matters about the campaign, the transition and Trump’s inauguration in January 2017.

Given that the economy is doing quite well, i fear that the Dems aren’t going to be able to retake the house, at which point absolutely nothing is going to come of any of this.

I’ve had the same thoughts, Timex. I’d never ever wish for a recession, but given that one is going to happen I sure wish it’d do so before the elections… which isn’t likely. We’re going to be in the expanding bubble phase of the tax cuts for a while still.

I will never forgive the Republican party for its complete abdication of responsibility to uphold the rule of law. They have shamelessly put party above country to a degree that greatly endangers the future of the entire Republic. I don’t think it ends with Trump, but he’s opened the door for foreign interference and future despotism.

And you must never forgive them, or their voters.

At least the weakness got exposed by the most incompetent people possible. We still have a chance to turn things around.

I shudder to think if someone competent and corrupt were in his shoes.

I am leaning this way too, especially if some kind of accord with N. Korea comes about.

The Democrats should be able to gain seats in the House. It may be close, which will make things a bit more difficult for the Right agenda.

The republicans are doing a darn fine job of that all by themselves.

They are, but when the economy of going well the party in power tends to do a bit better.

Then why didn’t this apply in 2016?

Because things were doing well then too.

Things weren’t going that great for a lot of people. Nothing about that changed, if anything it’s gotten worse.

There’s a lot less “economic anxiety” these days though.

Fox News spent all of 2008 - 2016 telling their viewers the economy was lousy.

Uhhh… this seems all kinds of wrong.

I’m reading Ronan Farrow’s “War on Peace” and Trump’s transition team and his subsequent cabinet’s disregard, if not outright hostility, toward career civil servants regardless of expertise/experience is stunning.

This hasn’t been brought up here yet, but it may be the most important story yet.

Trump was famous for always using other people’s money for his developments, even in his heyday. Then he almost lost everything in the 90s, to the point where nobody but Deutche Bank would lend to him.

But in the mid-oughties the chronically cash-poor Trump suddenly starts buying things with cash.

Where did all that cash come from? (And it’s not from being on TV; Trump himself, who always inflates money amounts, only claims to have made $213 million from The Apprentice. Others put it at only $100 million. And yet he’s spent over $400 million on real estate since 2006.)

Funnily enough …

I’m hoping that good investigative journalism like this is what will save us from what the awful exploitative journalism helped create. And of course CNN is having KA Conway on again - they just can’t stay away.

Of course. I swear…