Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Or this one …

Someone has to keep shit separate.

Looks like the outing of Schneiderman’s abuse (a real issue that should not be glossed over no matter the reason) was another attempt to seal away the files seized during the Cohen raid. Interesting tidbit, the lawyer filing this is from a certain, sleepy little upstate NY town…

The women went to Gleason in 2012 and 2013.

And in Sept 2013:

Schneiderman became A.G. in 2011, so this wasn’t just any old spontaneous rant at the ‘new’ A.G.

Tennessee elections website brought down by apparent foreign DDoS:

Damnit, Iran!

Gleason is pretty well-known as a bit of a kook.

For instance, in the motion above, the judge just asked him for a memorandum of law related to his claim, or withdraw it.

This is judge-speak for “What in the fuck are you talking about?” (The judge is asking Mr. Gleason to file documentation that shows that any of his motion has anything to do with anything on legal grounds. Which will be tough to do. “Your honor, these women came to me to tell me that they were assaulted by AG Schneiderman. I took their good-faith disclosure to me of these incidents, and immediately thought the best course of action was to alert Donald Trump, who in turn put his very trustworthy personal attorney, Michael Cohen, on the case. Someone really needs to watch out for the privacy of these poor ladies.

It’s so incredibly weird that Cohen ties into Schneiderman.

Literally the only explanation I can come up with is that they wanted Trump to have this scandal in his back pocket as a political weapon, if he decided to run against him? And that’s why they sent them to Cohen?

Yep.

A pretty significant breach of ethics.

Schneiderman was handling the Trump University lawsuit on behalf of the state. That’s why that info was given to The Donald.

Someone has an opinion about Mueller that The Hill decided to publish a couple hours ago.

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/387625-mueller-may-have-a-conflict-and-it-leads-directly-to-a-russian-oligarch?amp

Special counsel Robert Mueller has withstood relentless political attacks, many distorting his record of distinguished government service.

But there’s one episode even Mueller’s former law enforcement comrades - and independent ethicists - acknowledge raises legitimate legal issues and a possible conflict of interest in his overseeing the Russia election probe.

Sounds serious, we better take a closer look.

In 2009, when Mueller ran the FBI, the bureau asked Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska to spend millions of his own dollars funding an FBI-supervised operation to rescue a retired FBI agent, Robert Levinson, captured in Iran while working for the CIA in 2007.

Yes, that’s the same Deripaska who has surfaced in Mueller’s current investigation and who was recently sanctioned by the Trump administration.

Ermahgerd, how deep does it go?

One agent who helped court Deripaska was Andrew McCabe, the recently fired FBI deputy director who played a seminal role starting the Trump-Russia case, multiple sources confirmed.

Okay, but how close did they come to success?

Then in fall 2010, the operation secured an offer to free Levinson. The deal was scuttled, however, when the State Department become uncomfortable with Iran’s terms, according to Deripaska’s lawyer and the Levinson family.

FBI officials confirmed State hampered their efforts.

Oh damn, the State Dept screwed this up? I wonder if…

“Deripaska’s efforts came very close to success,” said David McGee, a former federal prosecutor who represents Levinson’s family. “We were told at one point that the terms of Levinson’s release had been agreed to by Iran and the U.S. and included a statement by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pointing a finger away from Iran. At the last minute, Secretary Clinton decided not to make the agreed-on statement.”

Bam, there it is. This is all Hillary’s fault. What does she have to say for herself?

The State Department declined comment, and a spokesman for Clinton did not offer comment. Mueller’s spokesman, Peter Carr, declined to answer questions. As did McCabe.

Of course… man, I hope John Solomon doesn’t end up dead.

the Hill has reclassified Solomon as an Opinion writer:

Yea, that’s why I point it out at the start of the post.

Next stop - Clickbait!

“…and the scorpion says to the frog: ‘It’s my nature.’”

Suckers.

As expected, Manafort lost his bid to stop Mueller’s case against him:

The judge noted, “Manafort was, at one time, not merely ‘associated with,’ but the chairman of, the Presidential campaign, and his work on behalf of the Russia-backed Ukrainian political party and connections to other Russian figures are matters of public record. It was logical and appropriate for investigators tasked with the investigation of ‘any links’ between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign to direct their attention to him,”

Oh, facts and evidence in political stories. How I miss you!

Donnie Jr. changed his story about whether he told Daddy about the Russia meeting after it was over - he used to flat-out deny it, but when asked by the Senate Judiciary Committee he said he “didn’t know” whether a call he made immediately after the meeting was to Trump.

Fancy that.