Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

More voters were smart enough than not, but unfortunately it didn’t matter.

Hadn’t considered that, but good point. Not that it matters.

DURING the photo op with PM May.

“Yeah, they’re geniuses.” --Al Gore

The timing is really great, because it gives Trump a chance to push Putin in person to hand over the indicted officers on Monday when they meet. I’m sure he’ll make it a priority.

I mean, that is kinda something. Not “We think Russian intel officers did this” but “Here are the names of 12 specific Russian intel officers involved.”

Sounds like that person might need a lawyer.

Yeah, sounds like both a Congressional candidate and “certain individuals” had better be lawyering up. If they haven’t already.

“A candidate for the U.S. Congress.”
Gotta wonder how far the rot goes. I’ve had suspicions that GOP leadership knew what was going on, but that always felt to me like I was falling down the conspiratorial rabbit hole. Now, though, I don’t know.

I would imagine Julian Assange is one of those people as well. Good thing we know where to find him.

Guessing that person is also making some calls to lawyers.

Except (literally?) everyone who uses Breitbart and the Hannity show as their only news sources.

That’s the thing. Trump supporters will just dig in further, but this moves it beyond “everyone has a pretty good idea” to “here’s concrete charges that these 12 specific Russian intelligence officers did exactly this”.

It makes it moderately harder for people to cling to “fake news!” or “witch hunt!”. Nothing will shake the faithful, but this might knock off a few thousand here or there on the periphery, and that’s all it took to swing the 2016 election.

Yep. You’ll never shake the faith of that 38%. But for the other 62%? This plants a flag.

This raises a metaphysical question: is there anything that would swing Hannity?

These indictments seem like a pretty big deal. Just from the snippets I’ve seen in Twitter, they have:

• evidence that Guccifer2.0 is a Russian intel front
  • evidence of collusion between an unnamed person close to the campaign (Stone?) and Guccifer2.0
  • evidence that the Russians immediately went after Hillary’s servers after Trump made his public appeal for them to do so
  • as a bonus, evidence that an unnamed congressional candidate sought stolen dirt about his opponent from Guccifer2.0 and was given it