Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Not to mention…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/07/17/why-is-rand-paul-of-all-people-trumps-biggest-defender-on-russia/?utm_term=.e31a92af8c74

In an interview Monday with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, Paul refused to answer the same question Trump got: “Who do you trust [on election meddling], the American intelligence community . . . or Putin?”

“What I would say is that all power needs to have checks and balances, and I think our intelligence community has way too much power,” Paul said. (This interview happened before Trump claimed Tuesday that he misspoke when he gave Putin the benefit of the doubt.)

It would work better if Rider had a shit eating grin.

Given the timing I’m a bit skeptical. Seems too convenient.

Kaisch, correctly said Rand, is in his own party. At times, Rand can sound reasonably sane, but underneath the veneer of sanity he is the crazy libertarian son of his dad.

With the added bonus of not being as remotely consistent.

Ron was a crazy dude, but he was internally consistent in his insanity. Rand talks like his dad half the time and like a Republican the other half. Often on the same issues.

He’s probably less racist though? Maybe?

lol, Russian TV.

Yeah, Russian media seems to be mocking Trump relentlessly. If someone had asked me months ago what it would take for the deplorables to turn on Trump, I’d have said ‘acting like Putin’s puppy on global TV’, but I guess I would have been wrong.

Gone before end of the week.

I’m sure Deplorables think Putin is a strong, capable leader, just like Trump. In their twisted logic, Communism fell and Russia was in chaos, Putin emerged from the smoke and led the country back to success and relevance again. Putin literally MRGA’d and now The Donald will MAGA and everything will be like that time in the 50’s through the 80’s when America was awesome only this time without the Cold War so it will be even more awesome!

Fucking morons.

As for the GOP, there is absolutely no way they are going to do anything other than clutch their pearls once again on this. Especially on this. It is not at all coincidental that Russian asset Maria Butina was arrested at the same time as the Helsinki Summit. I’m guessing we’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg on her involvement with the NRA, and subsequent access to most of the GOP.

There is almost certanly a giant pipeline of very dark money that has been funneled from Russia through the NRA (and other organizations) into America… The vast majority of that money would have gone to GOP Congressmen in the form of direct donations and direct payments through shell companies for services rendered by themselves or their businesses. A metric fuckton of it also likely funded the Conservative Super PACs that have been blasting the airwaves with fake news and outright lies for two decades. Russian money, dirty money, is likely all over the Republican party in damn near every pocket and has been for years.

The bottom line here is that it is highly likely that not only has Russia been using it’s technological assets to hack US political party servers and incite division in the populace through misinformation on social media, but they’ve used their human and financial assets for years to directly influence and control members of the Republican party in an effort to undermine the U.S. political system, and they have succeeded. The GOP won’t press on Trump/Russia because to do so would hasten the reveal that it’s not just Trump, but the better part of the Republican Party who have been in collusion. This would also explain why GOP leaders like Ryan, Flake and others are bailing out ASAP. Why would the very people tapped to lead the party want out when they seem to be in a position of complete control? Maybe because they know what is coming, and don’t want to be in office when the shit hits the fan. Much easier to cut a deal as a private citizen than as a sitting Congressman.

Ya, Trump is gonna lose his shit once he hears this.

That story on Kelly makes me think it’s someone who stands to move up to Chief of Staff who leaked it. Office intrigue!

And doesn’t care about the fallout.

Steven Miller it is

Maybe we should just say “bring it on” at this point. Get all the adults out of the room. Let the crazy flow.

Scary thought with carrier groups and nukes and all, but it’s just feeling like a situation where we really need to hit bottom before we can start to fix this.

O Joy.

(the punctuation is intentional)

I wonder if the Kelly suicide pact stories are real. Like if he, Pence, or Mattis go they will band together and invoke the 25th.

I doubt it because there is no hope!

Ouch…

So there’s another redhead Russian spy story… Maria Burtina.

Found this NY Times picture. 2017, May 12th. She was in a White House photo shoot too.

edit: I was wrong.