Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Wow. If only there were a moderator around.

Holy smokes. If that’s true… oh my.

#takei

And worth noting, I’m only aware of that tweet because Popehat retweeted it. Seems to indicate that this immunity grant does indeed go beyond Cohen.

And…now there’s a great deal of confusion. AP reported last month that Weisselberg’s immunity was use immunity, applicable only to the grand jury in the Cohen matters.

I agree Chelsea Manning is the closest comparison to Reality Winner. I’d also argue that intent and previous actions matter. Most of other examples, and lets say Hillary Clinton if her classified email ended up in being read by somebody without a clearance, it was not the intention to see it leaked.

In the case of Ellsberg and Snowden, both men made an effort (a considerable effort in the case of Ellsberg and some effort in Snowden’s case) to get make the material public by following official channels. Moreover both Ellsberg and Snowden didn’t just release the all of the raw information, but attempted to minimize the harm to the country. Neither Winner nor Manning appeared to make any effort to do so.

Winner’s leak was tiny compared to Elsberg’s, Snowden’s, and Manning’s. I don’t know why you are grouping Hillary Clinton in here at all-- she didn’t leak anything classified intentionally, and IMO it is a mischaracterization to say that she was any more careless with classified material than many of her peers and predecessors. I hate to see the false right-wing Hillary narrative echoed on this board.

So, um…

Sessions is putting up with all kinds of indignities heaped upon him by Trump because he’s got such a hard-on for shipping the “dusky” foreigners home, and as head of DoJ he’s in the perfect position to oversee all that. Why else would he put up with Tronald Dump’s shit?

Is that photoshopped or real, please say it’s real.

Not real, sadly. But still funny!

While he mishandled classified information by allowing his mistress to access it, none of that information was actually released to anyone, was it?

I think that’s a pretty massive difference.

Well, it was released to his mistress who didn’t have clearance and who knows what she could have done with it. I don’t consider that a massive difference at all. Maybe a small one.

I think they actually investigated her, and determined that there was no indication that anyone else ever saw any of the classified information.

There was allegedly more they wanted to go after both of them for, but allegedly the appetite wasn’t there for it and there was concern they might lose.

I’m holding on to this vague hope that Sessions, Graham, etc actually love their country and are playing along with Trump while Mueller works so they can throw Trump’s ass out.

Sessions was so goddamn old he was in office during the Cold War right? I don’t want to google that. I just want to believe it so I don’t jump off a bridge.

I don’t see that at all. Graham is pants-wetting hysterical about terrorism and will support anyone he thinks is serious enough about bombing people. Graham’s early opposition to Trump resulted from Graham’s mistaken belief in some of Trump’s campaign rhetoric about being less interventionist. Now that he sees Trump is on board with endless war on terror, his opposition has evaporated.

Sessions is basically a cracker, a southern white racist who wants to use political power to keep people of color down and, preferably, out. He’s never had an ounce of character, and Trump has given him his dream job. I doubt he likes Trump or respects him at all, but it doesn’t matter as long as Trump’s agenda on race is his own.

Nah, Trump has something on him. His turn was literally over night and iron-clad.

His opposition to Trump was akin to most conservatives that opposed him. Then, magically, one day he had nothing bad to say about Trump ever again and started kissing his ass.

Have to wonder what the Russians hacked from the RNC, right? Nothing ever came out. Kompromat on the RNC is probably well established.

Why Manafort will never flip