Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

You would think so, but with this band of idiots, who knows.

PS - this is NOT a great way to cap off infrastructure week!

Molly Knight may be on to something.

You have to figure if this is as big as it has always seemed… a plot by a foreign government to place a candidate they have leverage on into the office of President of the US… that they’re going to stop at nothing at some point to make people stop talking.

Forgive me but I was suddenly moved to write my own caption to a Robby Conal poster:

Just wait until Mueller is finished with Trump, I think we might get a billion dollars in Trump organization back taxes and fines.

We’re most likely gonna find out that Trump is worth nothing like a billion dollars, because it will turn out he’s deep in hock to Deutsche Bank and various Russians and their surrogates. So stable genius Trump will have the last laugh!

You assume this is for back taxes? No the billion is just the money he is billing from the American people while in office.

The rest of it will be unrecoverable due to only having liabilities in the US due to foreign debts.

Heh.

Remember, back in January, Trump told friends and aides that Manafort could incriminate him (the implication was that only Manafort could). I believe Mueller needed Manafort to describe what happened in a June 7, 2016 meeting between the men, in advance of the June 9 meeting. I have long suspected there was another meeting at which Manafort may be the only other Trump aide attendee.

And Manafort has probably already provided evidence on whatever Mueller needed.

So here’s what Robert Mueller just did: He sewed up the key witness to implicate the President, and he paid for the entire investigation. And it’s only now lunch time.

I’m not a expert on bankruptcy law, but I’m pretty sure that taxes and fine have higher priority than loans. So Deutsche bank and the Russian mob will just have to write off the debt. The Treasury department has ways of making the lives of foreign banks miserable.

Oh the Russian mob will write something off.

Heck of a Friday.

Cohen has had such a hard on for this for ages, he must be ecstatic.

Yeah, his attorney was making the rounds basically pleading for Cohen to be able to “tell his story.” It kinda’ seemed like Mueller’s team had all the info they needed from the raid, but I imagine there’s a few more bodies buried out there.

I’m not really sold on the idea that Trump said Manafort could incriminate himself based on the click through there. It’s definitely open to interpretation in my mind and not necessarily definitive.

The claim isn’t that Trump said that Manafort could incriminate himself, but that Trump said that Manafort wasn’t going to flip and sell Trump out, and that – assuming that the reporting of that statement/sentiment was actually true – this would imply that Trump knew/knows that Manafort could produce evidence of the election tampering conspiracy if he wanted to. Seems like a logical interpretation to me, but you’re right in that the Trump statement could be interpreted differently.

Pretty much. It’s that every time there’s public chatter about someone associated with the campaign/Trumpco, Trump et al are all “they wouldn’t flip”, rather than “we didn’t do anything so there’s nothing to flip”. Which rather implies that’s there’s shady stuff they could flip on.

I don’t think Trump is in a position to know whether there is something for Manafort to spill or not. I don’t think he is able to distinguish what he remembers about the campaign from how he thinks it should have been or from how it has been described most recently on Fox News. His anxiety is not the guilt of a liar, but that of a fabulist with dementia. What he’s most afraid of being exposed are the limits of his own grasp on reality; he manifests this by ranting about people making stuff up about him that is not true.

This is a great sentence.

And Republicans will do nothing or cheer