Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

They did this after they took control of the House. If they lose control, then you’ll only be hearing from the House Republicans when they are talking to Fox News.

Voting for Democrats?
No, the choice is clear. The GOP needs to be stopped.

Honestly, even from the perspective of a republican, the GOP needs to be destroyed for its own sake, because it no longer serves as a conservative party. It’s populist authoritarianism.

After 2016, when I left the GOP and registered as a Democrat, after a period of introspection I came to the conclusion that I’m probably best described as a “Progressive Libertarian”. Not that it’s an actual term. It’s just words that, when put together, best fit my own personal views.

While some of my economic views would be in line with “conservatives”, it’s not that I actually have any inclination to preserve the status quo. I am eager to support change, if it’s good change. And my main goal is to generally increase liberty for individuals.

So, anyway… no, I have no qualms about voting for Democrats. I’ve voted for them before in local elections. But at this point, the GOP is antithetical to everything I believe. They are entirely immoral. They are unjust. They are fiscally irresponsible. They want to impose authoritarianism.

Until the GOP is broken, my votes are really votes for their destruction, rather than in favor of their opponents.

I really wish that a lot more Republican or Libertarian voters would have the same introspective look at their own personal morals and ideals, and re-assess which party fits more of those.

I know my parents went through this same reckoning in 2016, as they really hated Trump, and really didn’t like Hillary either. I didn’t ask who they voted for, but I can confirm that my father said he didn’t vote for either. He was a huge Kasich fan, and that just didn’t turn out.

I think this is what you are trying to say:

Not even just nuts. Trump is a straight up authoritarian. And really, he’s just a terrible, terrible person. He does not care for the best interests of our country.

Things like policy are secondary to that kind of thing. Policy is meaningless to him.

Supporting the GOP is like supporting a shark which is actively eating you, and saying, “But I support his tax policy.”

The level of corruption is off the charts. From his own mouth, Trump has made it clear that he puts the needs of his pockets over the country (re: how much business he does with Saudi Arabia). He seeks to divide the country at every turn. He delegitimizes institutions that hamper his power. He refuses to recognize elections that don’t go his way. He threatens to violate the Constitution via executive order. He openly panders to white nationalists within the country, demonizing vulnerable immigrants and minorities.

Calling him out as “nuts” is doing a disservice and letting him off the hook. He’s not nuts, he’s dangerous.

I did something today I haven’t done since the 1980s: I voted straight party ticket. Except unlike the 80s, I voted for every Dem on the ballot.

I honestly never expected to vote straight party.

Now I’m not sure when I won’t. Certainly several years before I even consider otherwise. Even my normal vote for a few third party stuff (hey, Chicago suburbs in solidly Dem cook county, it don’t matter) on down ballot races, no more.

Almost every election prior I’d voted at least one non Dem on a county level or lower spot.

Same here. I’ve never even considered it before, but now I feel that the Republican party must be stopped at all costs.

You all may be surprised to learn that I voted straight ticket.

It was very hard.

Because there were a lot of local races, and NC still has fill-in-the-bubble ballots, which I’m infinitely paranoid about after many pre-test lectures in my childhood about how an improperly filled out Scantron sheet could cost me points!

There were upwards of four minutes of vigorous bubble-filling.

Very, very difficult.

One year when I voted, somebody had stocked the booths with felt-tip pens instead of ballpoint pens. Made bubble filling so much easier.

When I started filling out my Maine absentee ballot, I grabbed my fine tip Sharpie, thinking it would be easier to fill in the circles, and it was. Then I turned the ballot over and realized that I had neglected to remember that Sharpies tend to bleed through even thickish paper. :/

None of the circles that bled through were anywhere near the boxes on the opposite side, so I’m not sure if it would have caused a problem, but I got a new ballot anyway when I hand delivered it to the town clerk. I didn’t want to take any chances - this was too important.

My precinct stocks those exclusively, and the paper is thick enough to avoid the bleed-through. I wish we could have used them in school!

Sessions just resigned. This seems bad.

Yes this has the distinct feel of not good.

So they fire him and Democrats rehire him in two months?

I have no effing clue honestly

It’d be a lot worse if the House weren’t now empowered to run their own Russia investigation.

Ok, so if Mueller gets fired between now and January, the House can just re-appoint him as a special investigator for the House, right? Does he get to take his Secret Files with him?