Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

A couple of things.

1. It’d still be pretty politically damaging for the President to order his new AG to either fire Rod Rosenstein or to simply step in and fire Mueller.

2. If Democrats introduce a bill on the House and take it to the floor to protect Mueller, they can force the senate to at least publicly ignore such a thing, which won’t go over well in the Senate.

3. Lots of rumblings that Mueller is pretty close to wrapping up the major segment of his investigation anyway. I’ve seen a lot of speculation that he was waiting for the midterms to conclude.

Democrats have also already said that if anything happens to Mueller, they will call him to the House for televised hearings.

Maybe, but Trump is more or less immune to shame or scandal. The Senate will never vote to convict him, and his voters will not abandon him over Mueller. So he can do more or less what he wants, IMO.

Taking bets on the next AG… Graham? Gowdy? Kobach? Pirro?

Graham with Haley sliding into his Senate seat

Is Matt Whitaker a racist elf?

Dobby is the good elf. You want Kreacher

*psssst it was about an elf dying after being stabbed by it’s master

Yeah, I don’t think “politically damaging” currently means what we are accustomed to.

LOL, of course.

On October 23, 2014, Whitaker joined the advisory board for World Patent Marketing, a patent assistance organization based out of Miami, Florida and founded in February 2014. He said, “World Patent Marketing has become a trusted partner to many inventors that believe in the American Dream…I have always admired World Patent Marketing and its innovative products and dynamic leadership team. It’s an honor to join the World Patent Marketing board.”[8] This was re-announced the following week with the title, “Former US Attorney Whitaker Joins World Patent Marketing to Protect Inventors From Patent Marketing Scam”, and the statement, “‘World Patent Marketing is deeply concerned about the integrity of the patent system,’ according to Bill Flanagan, VP of Public Relations for WorldPatentMarketing.com, ‘As the fastest growing patent assistance company, it is our responsibility to weed out the bad actors.'”[9] Less than two months later, the company announced his “renewal”, and Whitaker stated, “As a former US Attorney, I would only align myself with a first class organization…World Patent Marketing goes beyond making statements about doing business ‘ethically’ and translate (sic) those words into action.”[10] CEO Scott J. Cooper “gave Whitaker’s 2014 Senate campaign a $2,600 donation and paid him nearly $10,000, World Patent Marketing records show.”[11]

The firm was closed in May 2017 by the Federal Trade Commission for fraud.[12]

So hey, CNN, which is it?

Touch Mueller or his budget and this is blatant obstruction. Guilty, guilty, guilty.

I almost hope they just fire Mueller now so we can see those televised hearings (* on all stations except Fox of course.)

Firing Jeff Sessions was a more predictable outcome of the mid-term elections than the Democrats taking back the House - hopefully everyone has their counter-moves planned out by now.

I am pretty unhappy that we’ve been relying on Republicans - Mueller included - to police Republicans for the better part of two years. Really hope to see the House take a leadership role in all this.

Trump asked for Session’s resignation, which is “firing”. The letter of resignation is for the record, and states that he is resigning at Trump’s request.