Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Back to Cohen and lying to Congress about the timeline:

Edit - written by Ken White of Popehat

Cohen’s plea is only one shoe dropping in a boot warehouse. Who else lied to Congress about the pursuit of a hotel deal in Russia? Donald Trump Jr.? Did the president himself lie about it in his recent written answers to Mueller’s questions? (His lawyers claim his answers matched Cohen’s.) Even if the pursuit of the hotel deal wasn’t criminal (and there’s no evidence it was), everyone in Trump’s orbit who made statements about it—whether under oath or in interviews with the FBI—is in jeopardy today.

Is Manafort’s hearing tomorrow? Can’t wait to see what Mueller’s filing says for that.

And DeutscheBank is getting raided today? Probably unrelated?

I could totally see the FBI finding something during their investigations and handing it off to Interpol, even if it isn’t Trump related.

BTW, on her show today, Nicolle Wallace was able to confirm that Rosenstein is still overseeing all aspects of the Mueller investigation at this time.

Relax
its a
coincidence
obviously

(Off topic, but I kind of love that he has a range of tshirts)

As the cherry on the top of today’s Trump Tower Moscow sundae: it turns out that the Trump Organization wanted to bribe, er gift, Putin directly. With a $50 million penthouse.

I expect Mirram Dictionary to update their entry on Freudian slip.

Comey comes out firing in his motion to quash the Thanksgiving House subpeona:

In Thursday’s filing, his lawyers argue that the House Judiciary and Oversight committees “have conducted an investigation in a manner that exceeds a proper legislative purpose insofar as members of the committees have established a practice of selectively leaking witnesses’ testimony in order to support a false political narrative, while subjecting witnesses to a variety of abuse.”

“Mr. Comey asks this Court’s intervention not to avoid giving testimony but to prevent the Joint Committee from using the pretext of a closed interview to peddle a distorted, partisan political narrative about the Clinton and Russian investigations through selective leaks,” his lawyers added in court papers.

Does he have a legal leg to stand on? I don’t think the court can proactively assume intent of the committee members.

I suppose he doesn’t just go and please the 5th because they’ll make him look bad for that, too?

Not sure on the legalities, but he could probably show evidence that it happened in the past.

But at the end of the day it’s a legislative process for the most part, so the courts can’t really do a whole lot as far as I know. Then again, he was in charge of the FBI and a lawyer, so he probably knows better than I do.

More info:

Comey, in the filing, argues that a closed-door meeting violates House rules, as all hearings should be public unless they endanger national security, compromise sensitive law enforcement information, or defame, degrade or incriminate any person. He said that none of those exemptions applied to his testimony.

“Because the need for secrecy here is pretextual, because the Joint Committees have abused their powers with the selective leaks, and because Mr. Comey is willing to testify in public, the Joint Committee’s insistence that Mr. Comey appear in private should be closely scrutinized to determine whether the exception to the presumption of openness applies,” the motion continues.

Click through motion has the legal citations:

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000167-61a1-d097-a777-61a3e20c0001

I dont believe the source. Everyone who works for Trump has been in the business of lying to the American people from day 1.

Why the hell should anyone believe them now their master is going down? Its another transparent attempt to plant in the media the lie that there are “good nazi”'s working against the regime form the inside.

I dont believe a fucking word of it.

Makes sense. I should have assumed the House has rules about hearings being public given the nature of the organization and the like. Of course they can probably just change the rules or something stupid because Congress.

I seem to recall some of the background cases have to do with the abuse of secret meetings by the HUAC (House Un-American Activities Commission) under McCarthy.

I hope everyone realizes that if Trump and Pence go down somehow, Nancy Pelosi becomes the President if she’s Speaker of the House.

Would make a perfect ending to the movie.