Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Why not both? As far as I know, there’s no bar to a criminal indictment of a successfully impeached president.

Since Trump was a Russian stooge this entire time, can we then say all his actions should or can be nullified. Like all of those judge appointments? They’re tainted.

That’s my scenario for a Trump impeachment also. Mueller comes up with crimes at least as bad as Nixon.
Republican start to panic and Mitch gives the green light for impeachment. It is true that impeaching Trump very well may lead to be primaried. Although that didn’t happen after Nixon’s impeachment. But outside deep Red states, I’d think they’d know that winning a primary but losing the general is no worse than losing the primary.

I also believe that very few Republican Senator, like or respect Trump. In contrast, I think may Democrats actually like Bill Clinton. In the case of Nixon very few liked, but a fair number feared him, and some respected him. Republicans fear Trump but that is about it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-donald-trump-jr-mueller-investigation_us_5c0162cde4b0d04f48b3c882

So Don Jr.’s claims to the committee regarding the Moscow project remain uncorrected, along with a number of other statements that we now know to be false. For example, contrary to his claim that no other foreign nationals offered or provided assistance to the Trump presidential campaign (as the Russians had done), a group from the Middle East ― including Israeli, Saudi and United Arab Emirate nationals ― had offered social media manipulation services at another Trump Tower meeting he attended. Don Jr.’s claims that there was no follow-up to the June 2016 meeting with the Russians are also belied by later testimony and documentary evidence provided to the same Senate committee, which showed that the intermediary who set up the meeting, Rob Goldstone, made extensive efforts to set up a second meeting after Trump won and probably had direct contact with the president’s son in doing so.

This likely explains the multiple reports ― going back as far as August of this year and expressed more urgently in the wake of the midterm elections ― that Trump fears that special counsel Robert Mueller will seek to indict his son.

But the substance of Cohen’s new plea suggests Don Jr.’s exposure may extend well beyond the perjury charges that Trump advisers reportedly worry he could face for lying to Congress.

I mean, yes, sure, that’s part of it. Trump is dumb.

But that’s not the entire explanation.

Trump is also really, really, really cheap.

Trump: I have to tell you, Vladimir. I have something special for you. Something very special.
Putin: Really? What is it?
Trump: It’s a 2012 Kia Sorento. In beige. You’ll love it. Drives like new.
Putin: You cannot be serious!
Trump: I know, right? That’s just the kind of guy I am. It even has the sun roof. Also I got you some coupons for oil changes. I already used two, but there are four left.

It’s like Trump doesn’t realize that Putin can just own any building in Russia if he wants to.

Well, Putin’s not going to live there, but it’s still an asset, and a $50 million bribe is nothing to sneeze at, even if you’re Putin.

And Trump is dumb enough to have openly dangled that pardon.

What is the thinking on whether yesterday’s raid of Deutsche Bank by German police (pursuant to a money-laundering investigation sparked by the Panama Papers) will reveal any Trump/Russia skulduggery?

They were there only bank in the Western world willing to work with Trump.

Right. Once you own it, it’s worth $50M. You never have to stay there. It’s a substantial bribe.

0.001% of of my total assets in exchange at being indebted/owing a favour to Trump?

Why would i want that?

I wouldn’t accept anything less than 49% of all Trump’s Eastern Europe holdings, under the guise of a joint venture between Trump and <pick a pet oligarch/nominee>

Look to Gunvor or the like if you want to see how Putin makes his money. It’s all about secretive, substational ownership in large companies (i.e 27% of Surgutneftegas, 4% of Gazprom, 50% of Gunvor) and substational property holdings using the top 50 oligarchs.

Another bombshell lobbed by Michael Cohen exploded late Friday night: He says he told Donald Trump about a phone call to the Kremlin asking for the Russian government’s help to build a Trump Tower in Moscow in 2016.

And Cohen also claims he was talking to Trump’s lawyers and White House staff in 2017 while he crafted a misleading statement to Congress seeking to cover up the truth about the Moscow project and the level of Trump’s involvement.

The twin accusations were made late Friday by Cohen’s lawyers in a case being prosecuted by special counsel Robert Mueller. They were contained in a sentencing memo in which Cohen asked for a no-jail sentence in exchange for his cooperation with Mueller’s investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

indebted? The bribe was to let him make Trump Tower Moscow happen. Trump would be compromised, not Putin.

If Trump needed the tower rather than just wanted it, I’m sure Putin would have had a proper barrel to place him over to make that happen.

You’re assuming the tower penthouse was Trump pre-paying for influence or a favor.

Now think of it as Trump post-paying for a favor or influence already granted, or as a sign of continued and ongoing partnership fidelity.

He also wouldn’t be indebted to Trump. That is basically Trump kissing the ring.

Bigger bombshell:

Conspiracy to commit felonies (lying to congress, etc.)?

Only inasmuch as “regular contact” is distinct from “talking to”.