Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

LOL, the honeymoon is over. Poor Georgie

The President of Russia, obviously.

@vyshka Can you explain what’s implied by that? I have not been following very closely b/c need to maintain sanity.

I think it’s a reference to the Red Sparrow movie, where the lead character is a Russian spy who goes through “Whore School.”

Is she referring to herself in the second-person?

She forgot to log into her sock puppet account before posting.

She says “I” at one point, making me think that she’s slipping between realities.

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1071384416214245376

Popehat’s article is up

He writes for The Atlantic now? I remember when he was introducing us to Helherron on OO! I am so old :)

Good read there. Manafort is a historical level scumbag, and he will die in prison (wouldn’t surprise me if by his own hand). Trump is fucked, even if he is to serve out his term. The campaign fraud is just an appetizer to obstruction, money laundering, RICO, and probably more. Trump is going to lose the GOP big money backers, and probably Senators, too, as they see what’s coming down the pike.

I saw a story this morning claiming that Manafort’s lawyers may be in trouble. Apparently they were the conduit for his ongoing contact with the White House, bringing to their prison meetings with him a laptop he used to draft but not send emails. They carried the laptop out with the saved drafts, then somehow conveyed them to a third party. It doesn’t seem likely to me that that’s a crime in its own, but I suppose the point is they were helping him attempt to obstruct justice?

The thing that concerns me is whether people will care. Has tribalism already won, or are we a nation of laws?

He just started, and that’s his first article for the Atlantic…

…and it’s the most popular article on the site.

Go, Ken! So cool that the guy I thought was really smart and funny and articulate on OO, well… actually was! Maybe there’s hope for us all.

It’s a very good article, not just because I like what he says. Clear, well written, concise. Does a good job of explaining the meaning of the filings.

Hey, I saw that Trump suit (or one exactly like it) at the L.A. protest against Whittaker a couple weeks back.

Ah, per caption looks like it’s the same.

Gold from the replies to Popehat’s tweet linking to his Atlantic piece, specifically about how you can’t partially co-operate with an investigation:

“It was explained to me that cooperating with the feds is like having sex with a gorilla. The gorilla tells you when it stops.”

Thank you for sharing these. When I’m reading all the other stuff about what it means for Trump, etc., I tend to forget what an asshole Cohen is, and that Cohen deserves to go to prison.