Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Our new Secretary of State is so excited and motivated!

Here is how it works:

Republicans will accept something going on with russia and they getting weaponized by russia, if they can point to the democratic party and find the same thing. Only when they can say “But the democrats did the same thing” they will accept that they have been a weapon in putin arsenal against america.

I will offer only this as a Devil’s advocate; people occasionally express respect for those who don’t aspire to positions of power, and yet humbly accept them when the time comes. Perhaps he was trying to evoke that sentiment.

In cases of legitimate hacking servers have ways to thwart the Russians. Despite what she says now Clinton wanted the Russians to influence the election against her.

Yeah, everyone wants to appear to be Cincinnatus - reluctantly accepting the yoke of great responsibility and power only because his love of country is so important to him.

Of course here he sounds a lot more like McBeth, being pressured into action by an ambitious spouse. But hey, that worked out fine for everyone.

Yup. The “My wife/God/children/constituents/friends/etc told me I had to do this job” is a pretty common line for politicians.

They were listed in Time as one of the 30 most important people on the Internet.

Goddamn I wish I could put this on my resume.

I saw Mark
Antony offer him a crown;—yet 'twas not a crown
neither, 'twas one of these coronets;—and, as I told
you, he put it by once: but, for all that, to my
thinking, he would fain have had it. Then he
offered it to him again; then he put it by again:
but, to my thinking, he was very loath to lay his
fingers off it. And then he offered it the third
time; he put it the third time by: and still as he
refused it, the rabblement hooted and clapped their
chapped hands and threw up their sweaty night-caps
and uttered such a deal of stinking breath because
Caesar refused the crown that it had almost choked
Caesar; for he swounded and fell down at it: and
for mine own part, I durst not laugh, for fear of
opening my lips and receiving the bad air.

I assumed he was former pro, so perhaps CIA or similar, or even working for a US firm doing work for them. The subtext of his tweet implies he’s run across something juicy, perhaps via his methods. A lot of people are saying that lately though, so not like I’m waiting with bated breath.

He’s in the same Twitter category for me as Louise Mensch. The same group keeps talking about how things are in motion, everyone’s going to jail, the other shoe is about to drop big-time OMG, and patting each other constantly on the back about what great “reporting” they’re all doing. I’m sick of getting optimistic only to have absolutely NOTHING happen except the next complete shit policy is enacted by the administration.

Maybe he is the source for this: More Manafort dirt, linked by Ginger_Yellow in other thread

I just want to thank you for restoring some small part of my faith in humanity with the correct usage of “bated breath.”

Well, I think Monday’s hearing amounted to more than nothing. I get the pessimism, and I get the desire for something to happen right now, but I’m trying to be patient.

We don’t actually need charges to be brought to make things happen, just convince enough of the Republican leadership that Trump is a lead balloon.

Hey - I only breath because I went for the bait.

Everyone always forgets that Julius Caesar was not Emperor, merely Princeps, First Citizen.

Government doesn’t move fast, especially when it is run by the party that’s under investigation.

I mean we’ve had quite a few bombshells that should have ended this fiasco already. And it isn’t like IC people are going to start outing each other on social media.

Ya.

While the Jester is a real dude, that has done real stuff (check out his “internet AWACS” system, which you can access… it’s pretty interesting), I would not get my hopes up about anyone uncovering anything until it’s actually out in the public eye and vetted.

One thing that is funny though is that a while back russians started attacking his site, so he then routed traffic to IDF’s site so they were effectively attacking Mossad.

Before you get too excited, note that I am a walking grammar misfit. Note my QT3 tag …

Now that would be something awesome to have stumbled upon. I saw that earlier linked off Reddit. Juicy, indeed.

I have a text file where I collect mangled phrases (like ‘baited breath’) I have seen on the internet. One day I intend to write a book on them.

My favourite so far is ‘pass mustard’.