Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Per his own committee hearing, he committed a Felony.

This it?

Article reads like the DEM and GOP members of the committee are the “unnamed US officials”. This leak was probably inevitable once Nunes ran to Trump.

IC to Nunes: " We intercepted these communications between you and a Russian agent discussing an illegal plan. Wear this wire and go tell Trump we’re on to the plan and we’ll let you get off with only obstruction of justice served out at a tennis court prison"

But worth a note of caution:

The FBI cannot yet prove that collusion took place, but the information suggesting collusion is now a large focus of the investigation, the officials said.

This could go nowhere.

I don’t think Manafort has any hope that’s the case however. I think his ties to Yanukovic and the Russians in Ukraine persisted and he will be in for a long couple of years, depending upon how good his lawyers are.

Agreed. This is not the end but it’s starting to feel like the beginning of the end. The steady drip, drip, drip is starting to turn into a stream. There was the closed door Senate hearings; Monday’s hearings, where what was not said was almost as important as what was said; Nunes’ panicked denials that he doesn’t know who Roger Stone or Carter page are; Spicer’s increasingly ridiculous attempts to distance Trump from the obviously guilty; The growing mound of Manafort’s woes; The news about the long standing investigations into the Russian mob operating out of Trump tower; Nunes’ crazy press conference; And now, this, confirmation that the investigations aren’t just into inappropriate contact with Russia but active coordination.

The non-implicated Republicans will be forced to act soon or be dragged under.

I don’t disagree, Manafort looks in deep trouble.

But it has felt like ‘the end’ for Trump since before he won the nomination as the Republican candidate. And somehow he shambles on. This could just hang over everything for the next four years, with nothing quite proven.

I’ve been disappointed by politics so much lately. I’m just trying to temper expectations.

Manafort is screwed. Maybe one of the others will go down too.

Trump will hang around.

I sort of like this tweet stream if only for the last point.

Basically, it says that Trump was coerced into running for President by everybody around him, all of whom had close Russia ties. He definitely did not want to win. I think that’s clear to everybody at this point. Destabilizing a Clinton presidency was the best thing he could have handed to Russia.

Anyhow, I don’t know how trustworthy the source/tweeter is, but the conclusion seems more and more likely.

Here’s a thing saying Nunes has money in a winery that does business in Russia. Dunno how reliable this is, though.

Interesting tidbit in that first tweet:

“Active IC agent told me Russia developed Trump for over decade, could have arrested him for sex crimes, instead collected kompromat.”

Sex crimes sounds a lot more serious than hiring prostitutes to pee on a bed. I’m thinking about Trump, Epstein and their shared taste in women on the younger side. The prostitute thing is not enough to hold Trump over a barrel. Trump has said enough things publicly to make me wonder if there was any truth to the rumors about him and under-aged girls. I don’t think we’ll ever know the full truth but add it to the pile of reasons I want to see this all come crashing down on him.

The fact that Trump is allowed to run the government while all this shit is going on is just mind-blowing to me.

You guys forgot the little-known “emollients clause”

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/politics/us-officials-info-suggests-trump-associates-may-have-coordinated-with-russians/index.html

Wow. If that’s true, the pressure to appoint a special prosecutor is going to get intense. It’s pretty clear that the Congress is not capable of investigating this.

McCain has said as much. Of course, he’s been saying this for a while now but, with today’s developments, I can’t see how it can be credibly avoided for much longer.

Someone pointed out that The Washington Post reported last month on the Trump administration reaching out to congress and asking them to quash Russia talk in the press. I’d forgotten that Nunes was one of the people specifically mentioned and that he immediately set about complying with their request.

Speaking of McCain…

Edit: Nunes went to Ryan first; IOW the person who would decide if a special investigator/prosecutor gets appointed or even if Nunes holds his chair said it’s ok to be a WH surrogate while conducting an ‘investigation.’

And then this right after the Nunes presser:

I’d like to get excited but I won’t let myself until I see Trump waving from the helicopter.

What kind of weird world are we living in when confirming that the President’s staff were under investigation during and after the campaign is actually good news for the President’s supporters?

“You see, the President was right! He’s a crook, but at least his tweet was right!”