Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

The Age of Trump, where reality and facts no longer matter.

Edit: Fucking Christ.

That fundraising letter (caveat, apparently that pac isn’t directly connected to the Trump campaign) alone tells you how Trumpworld and by extension Republicans operate. The fact the Nunes held a press conference and consulted with the White House on an ongoing investigation (not to mention disclosed classified information publically) with the go-ahead from the Speaker of the House is proof that ethics (and legal behavior) is now only reserved for Democrats.

It’s appalling, but Americans (aka Republican voters) do not care. Or as this random tweet puts it:

(Not technically “traitors” since we’re not at war, but close enough.)

And a must read (long form, but take the time to read it. I don’t care it’s on Vox).

The Democrats would be wise to make Adam Schiff the face of the opposition. He comes across as calm, factual, trustworthy, and patriotic.

So Roger Stone is a crazy person, in case you forgot.

It boggles my mind that Trumps people are twisting this to make it look like they are the victims. Yesterday’s press releases were all geared toward “See! Trump was right! Obama WAS listening in on conversations happening at Trump Tower, but President Trump and his staff were not the targets of the investigation, they just happened to be there! We are SO right and SO vindicated!!!”

And hopefully most of America is like “So wait a minute, you guys were not the targets of the investigation, you were simply meeting with the targets of the investigation? YOU were MEETING with the TARGETS of a active United States government INVESTIGATION? Umm…”

One thing nobody is talking about, no matter what the eventual outcome of this, even if it takes down multiple Trump campaign people and current White House staffers but leaves Trump in place, the toll on him is going to be very heavy. The guy is not healthy to start with, and he has to be stressing out at off-the-chart levels at this point. Ivanka may be joining him as a way to give her dad someone at his side whom he trusts and by doing so ease his stress levels more than in any decision making capacity. Even if Trump skates through all of this, I still would not be surprised to see him step down for “health reasons” afterwards, especially if the rumors that he was never supposed to win and in fact did not even want to be President are true.

He has the best health. The best. All the health, really. Just fabulous. You wouldn’t believe how much of the health he has. It’s so much. Everyone’s jealous of his health.

Those will be Spicer’s press conference remarks verbatim an hour after Trump keels over in the Oval Office. Meanwhile Bannon and Kushner will be trying desperately to figure out how they can rig up a system of strings and pulleys to make Trump’s corpse look believably alive so they can continue to govern Weekend At Bernie’s style.

If you’re Putin at this point, how tempting would it be to actually formally accuse him of heinous sex crimes and release whatever the kompromat is? Obviously the ongoing chaos and possibility that a compromised narcissist could remain President is the smarter play, but how strong must the temptation be to just throw a bowling ball into the whole house of cards?

Would this guy lie?

(Sorry, I can’t resist any opportunity to post a picture of Dr. Lebowski)

We’ve all seen the movie, “Dave.” We should be keeping tabs on all the Trump impersonators and see which ones disappear.

/conspiracytheory

Alec Baldwin for Shadow President!

“Dave” ended happy though. No chance in hell that we’d get a shadow president that was better.

It’s that movie’s fault now that whenever I hear the opening bars of “Hail to the Chief” I sing to myself, “Hail to the chief, he’s the chief we all say hail to.”

Same here.

I blame Luke Cage for this being in my head every time I hear the phrase. I do love this song though. And man, what a great scene.

I just watched that episode last night. And so far I absolutely love the series still. And, yes, that was a pretty fantastic opening.

But then there was magic bullet talk and… I can see where it all goes wrong.

Nah, Luke Cage is still solid. Second half of the season isn’t as good because of one particular decision in the plotting, but I still loved it overall.

Best use of music in a TV show, like, ever? Very possibly ever. So good.

Honestly everything in the club has been aces. There has been at least 3, to my count, musical interludes in the club, and all are done extremely well. But that decision you allude to (one I can see coming) is thematically and tonally dissonant with the setup.

And… perhaps I should take my thoughts back over to the Luke Cage thread. Because thoughts, I’ve got them ;)

Also on topic: If the stress of the job, and being so shit at it, is going to take its toll on Trump, would it be too much to ask for it to really kick in, say, next July? Cause the whole facade to collapse in time for midterms and him really get the screws put to the whole GOP structure?

Yeah, that’s my big fear (as seen in the SCOTUS thread). The electorate, as we’ve established, are a bunch of goddamned idiots and I worry that they’ll have forgotten about the massive shitshow that is GOP “governance” by the time Nov '18 rolls around.

As long as this is so, good government in a democracy will be like the weather – random and intermittent. Nothing to be done about it unless that issue is addressed. And with an idiot electorate, real power will tend to aggregate toward smart wealthy people.