Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Does the captain of a ship belong on away missions?

No, no he does not.

If you want things done right, you send the right people. Picard is a well read diplomat. He goes when you need to talk to people. Otherwise send the (surprisingly small number for a ship in the hundreds) crew specialized to the task.

Kirk was a glory hound who got people killed because he insisted going himself, instead of sending the proper person.

Only the red shirts, and they probably would have broken their necks getting out of bed anyway. Clearly when you’re talking Star Trek, the right man for the job = Kirk. For all values of “right man.”

Right? Kirk literally fought Idris Elba in zero-gee while dodging a swarm of nanobots! He’s the right man for everything.

Captains log

We have met the entity formerly known as Pogue, and assisted by a telepathic frog. I am afraid there is no hope that they can successfully interact with the Federation, and propose we place a planetary wide quarantine around so the society may develop in peace, and perhaps emerge more enlightened in the future.

I offer that Kirk’s character is in fact cooler than the incarnation presented by William Shatner.

Trump should watch this

Trump seems to be one of those types who feels that actual knowledge gained by research or experience with the subject at hand is irrelevant, that as a “great man” he can bypass all of that tedious work that only less exalted beings have to go through to become competent. It is manifestly obvious, to Trump at least, that he is homo superior, the improved version of mere humankind.

Minuscule hands are the telltale sign of the ultimate human form.

Preach Brother @CraigM, Preach. Forgive them Captain Picard, they know not of what they speak.

That being said, how do we feel about Sisko?

You going to tell him? No? Me either.

Sisko is a baaaad (shut your mouth) I’m just talkin’ bout Sisko! Anyway I don’t want to be on his bad side. But let me ask you this: how many alien ladies did he put the moves on? Just saying.

Didn’t SIsko get it on with Nurse Ratched eventually?

So your answer is one. Which sure, that’s one more than me, but if you’re going to compare him to Kirk …

If that were true, then my power rating would be over 9000.

50 guesses what Nunes is going to focus on during the next hearing! The first 49 guess don’t count.

Only Bizarro Trump can save us now!

Jeff Sessions will get right on that. (But wait, he recused himself! Yes, from the investigation. He’s still calling the shots at the Justice Department though so getting them to press charges is going to be complicated.)