Secret Santa 2020 Speed Edition

Just to be clear – it’s a game reference!

Dear Juan,

I checked in with Santa, who says indeed your package has not yet gone out. While it was scheduled for January 4 delivery, pandemic-related circumstances have delayed its shipping. Santa apologizes deeply for the empty mailbox and will work to correct the issue. I will ping Santa again at the end of the week and see where we are.

Unfortunately, Santa will be unable to fulfill the duties of being @Juan_Raigada’s Santa this year.

Other message boards (e.g., reddit) have a “backup Santa” mechanism in place, which we on QT3 have never needed to exercise… until now.

If you would be willing to be a backup Santa for Juan, please e-mail me ([email protected]) and let me know before the end of Thursday, Feb 11, 2021. On Friday morning in California I will select one or two Santas at random and this will get ironed out. Note for US participants, this would be international shipping.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

fire

Man that stinks. I know times are hard but if you can’t fulfil your duties please speak up early so folks can step in and cover you -before- the holidays. Sorry Juan and thanks Fire for getting this back on track.

No worries, between the pandemic and Brexit I can understand things being messy.

If somebody becomes a backup Santa I would welcome this new Santa as if he was the original!

I think @Juan_Raigada should be allowed to just say what he wants to get as a gift!

May I recommend:

Perhaps to speed things up and remove international shipping concerns we should look for a digital gift for Juan?

Let’s leave that to Santa.

Juan will not go unsanta’d. Sorry to hear about that @Juan_Raigada, but don’t despair. We got you.

Woot wooot

UK participants too!

True. International for everyone, actually.

Do you think we need a backup system for future ones?

I’ll out myself as the deficient Santa.

I ordered the gift, and it was late. Then came another round of lockdowns, while work was unabatedly busy, as was my wifes’. Between the incessant asking of the kids, the work of keeping the house fed and cleaned and clothed and trying to keep my crew running, I just never got around to making a neat package and sending it on. Do you still want it Juan?

I am really sorry and I feel lame and ashamed and a bad, bad member of the community, breaking the secret santa trust like I did.

We’ve all had a rough year so don’t beat yourself up. We as a community have your back on this.

stands up

I am the deficient Santa!

That took a lot of guts Schurem, sorry if my post beat ya down further. =(

I hope things get on track for you guys, hell for all of us. I was out of work last week+ for the first time in 30 years of employment. It sucks. I’m lucky and have already lined up the next gig but it’s fing scary out there. I can’t imagine how much more stress it is having to manage a house full of kids who can’t go out and be kids.

Anyway, I am in for helping chip in on Juan’s present. Whoever is santa if you want to pm me let me know where to paypal.

I was trying to start a Spartacus thing…

Did it work?