Secret World Legends

It’s way too early for me to judge for sure. I just don’t like most of the changes I’ve encountered so far. On the other hand, if they’ve integrated the later issue content in the current zones better and otherwise improved the flow and quality of the narrative (and I have heard they have), that’d be a big point in its favor.

I’m really digging the popup quests and random named badguys that show up.

There were champion enemies in the original game, they were just really rare.

It’s not just that the game isn’t fully instanced. It plays like a MMO.

You run around and pick up a quest to kill 7 zombies then go around the back of the house to defend it from 3 groups of 4 zombies then get sent to 3 close-by areas to collect limbs from 3 separate types of zombies, then get sent to click on bonfires, and so on and so forth.

It’s WoW-style questing bullshit, done with less panache and style, less-evolved so you do one quest at a time rather than multiples like WoW. It’s navigating carefully as you run along to avoid mob aggro radius to do the quests efficiently. It’s not like a single-player RPG where every monster has a purpose, or a Diablo-style ARPG where the combat and loot collection itself is the point and glorious. You’ll grind on hundreds of zombies in the first zone before you’re done. It’s MMO bullshit.

At 1200 zombies killed now, still in Kingsmouth first zone.

Is there any way to increase the font size? I play at 2k resolution and everything is so tiny I can hardly read it.

I see this requested by others, so lets hope they add a better option!

I REALLY love Kirsten Geary (Illuminati) in her intro briefing to the Illuminati - such a great, great character!

“We’re like Xbox, only everything is hardcore” :-D

All the HUD elements have their own scaling slider. You might have to dig a bit in the options, but it’s definitely in there. Everything blows up pretty nicely.

-Tom

Click the little lock in the top right, mark an element, use mousewheel to increase/decrease size.

Apparently there was a major bug/exploit with exchanging currency that completely screwed the economy. Now everyone is talking about a rollback and while i would HATE HATE HATE it because i spent a lot of yesterday playing with my friend, it may be the only way to save the economy.

Uh huh. Or you do some basic datamining and only roll back currency (or ban) the outliers.

Maybe, but it sounds like it would have affected even casual use unfairly. Also if you bought on the currency market it likely helped you as well, even if you didnt know it.

I can hope that is the case though.

Without a doubt they should ban the people who very obviously exploited it, but then there are people who bought from those people unknowingly as well.

How do you “ruin” the economy in one day. I say carry on, those who made a profit can enjoy it, the rest will be none the wiser.

• Extended downtime today to fix the issue I see.

• Revenant ARG added another puzzle today.

• Someone made a nice thread on forum with regards to dungeon keys. If you’ve spent all your keys, what reason is there to redo a dungeon? So maybe they make the last key open without a key, that way people can still get a reward for doing dungeons instead of nothing what-so-ever. I think SWL is first f2p game I’ve played that give you no rewards at all for doing dungeons?

Maintenance extended 2 more hours.

As long as they fix it properly, I don’t mind downtime. It sounds like the problem was basically catastrophic to the market for aurum, so I’m guessing a total wipe or a severe rollback is in our future.

Hey guys, they’re new to this MMO stuff. Cut them a break.

-Tom

It’s back (kind off). They also have some notes.

See, no need for a full rollback.

Ever since Anarchy Online I’ve had the sense that Funcom designers exist in another reality from their players. Sometimes their features work, and sometimes they don’t, but when they don’t the devs don’t acknowledge there’s anything wrong…

Anyhow, for the hell of it I’m slowly downloading the 20.7 gigs for the game. Data rate from their server is a small fraction of my bandwidth, perhaps needless to say. I did play the original game briefly. I wonder how much of the content has been left unchanged since launch?

Yeah, I’m remembering now when Secret World first came out, and how they’d created this really cool mysterious world, but with important bits that just didn’t work correctly. Yet you’d have no way of knowing it didn’t work correctly. It took quite a while before Secret World got as good as it is.

-Tom