I just got my early bird invite for The Secret World legends. The client download offers both a full and minimal option. the latter lets you download only what’s needed for the first 5 hours of gameplay (about 15GB), with the rest downloading in the background as you play.
About that transfer option you linked to:
The TSW Legacy Transfer is a ONE-TIME copy of your current clothing items and any remaining membership time from your TSW account over to this Secret World Legends account.
This service is only available until some time in August.
Using this service:
- Unlocks all weapon pages for characters on your Secret World Legends account
- Copies remaining Membership time from your TSW account into active Patron time in Secret World Legends
- Copies bought or earned clothing items that exist in the dressing room of any character on your TSW account (some exclusions apply)
- Copies bought or earned pets learned by any character on your TSW account (some exclusions apply)
- Copies bought or earned sprint styles or mounts learned by any character on your TSW account (some exclusions apply)
As a lifetime account on the original game, this definitely sounds like something I want to do for the goodies.
However, I’m not sure whether I’m losing anything by transferring my (unused for over a year) TSW account here. Is it simply a copy, leaving my original account available and as before? Also, the list of caveat at the page you linked makes me think I should probably:
- Re-download TSW and make sure no clothing packages were unclaimed.
- Create a male and female character in TSW Legends first, as recipients for the cosmetic items.