Seeking opinions on a music video

Well, my band and I have been working hard for the past few years to refine our sound and push it to its limits, and now we really think we’ve got something special. It’s mostly instrumental, but with minimalist lyrics – just enough to help the listener discover the social/historical themes that for us are embodied in the music.

We produced this clip ourselves to send to record companies and MTV, and we hope they have the ears to hear what we’re laying down, you know? But after all our work we’re a little scared to actually take our shot.

So please, let me know what you think. (I’m the keyboardist/vocalist, if you care, and also did the choreography.)

http://web.bitnet.net/rabies/apache.mpeg

Sorry dude

I felt kinda gay watching that.

Bonus though: You look like Weird Al’s Redneck Brother’s Lovechild. I bet there’s some sex appeal in that. 8)

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/magicians/doug-henning/

Ze goggles! Zey do nothink!

Seriously, I busted out laughing at about the 20 second mark and haven’t stopped. Fine, fine work.

[size=6]OMG HAI 2 U[/size]

More scantlily clad squaws, less 70s band members trying to look interesting.

I thought you were gay? You’re saying your not or that JMJ’s video made you feel more–I don’ t know–free to be you? If Eric or DrCrypt said something felt gay to them, I would know what they meant. What does it mean when a gay man tells you you stuff made him feel gay? This is deep.

Heh.

After watching the video I withdrawl my question. There is just so much irony on this board that I expect every comment to have a deeper meaning.

That is without a doubt the gayist video I have ever seen. It is even more gay than the Village People doing a Donna Summer medley.

On the contrary, the entire endeavor is awash in the musky scent of heterosexuality. From the basso profundo spoken verses to the manly closeups of the lead guitarist handling his tomahawk to the velvet caresses of the Pocahontas Joy Division, there is no doubt that these braves are straight as a bow and arrow.

This film is, without a doubt, the greatest tribute to the rich history and cultural diversity of the Native American people since The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again.

How perceptive!!!

:lol:
Try holding off before hitting that quote button there, dude.

BTW, JMJ, tips:

Band members: Don’t just stand there playing instruments. It isn’t interesting since you guys aren’t RAWKING!!!
The Pochohontas Joy Division: You need better angles on them. This current skew side view is unflattering.
Music: erm… I think i’ll go listen to some The Streets now…

I can’t believe I’m actually giving tips…

[size=7]WHOOOOSH[/size]

:lol:
Try holding off before hitting that quote button there, dude.

BTW, JMJ, tips:

Band members: Don’t just stand there playing instruments. It isn’t interesting since you guys aren’t RAWKING!!!
The Pochohontas Joy Division: You need better angles on them. This current skew side view is unflattering.
Music: erm… I think i’ll go listen to some The Streets now…

I can’t believe I’m actually giving tips…[/quote]

Here’s me in the suit I think I’m going to wear to my next job interview. Any tips for me Eq?

Wear a cup.

JMJ wins. Seriously, he’s just pwned this entire subforum.

That’s the greatest goddamn thing I’ve ever seen.

I laughed until I cried. Then I laughed some more. And then some more.

This must be what they meant when they said video killed the radio star.

If you ask me, that would be a huge mistake. I love how his crotch sort of echos his chin. If you sketched in a little mustachio on his pelvis, he would look like a totem pole.

Scrotum pole

As in, it always pays to be top man on the scrotum pole.

As in, it always pays to be top man on the scrotum pole.[/quote]

Either way, you’re still getting some scrote.