Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (topic now 200% easier to find)

I love the one-on-one combat in this, but I don’t know how far I’ll be able to make it through this before tapping out without a mechanism for mitigating the boss difficulty a bit. The game seems to be generous about run-up, but then that is generally washed out by having to laboriously clear out a bunch of regulars before engaging. And the damage to health ratio means I have very little opportunity to learn from the boss before dying and repeating the process.

Also, I hope that whatever consequences there are for death are reversible because boy is that going to happen a lot.

Thank you Tim and John - PC it will be!

I’ve had zero issues at all on the PS4 Pro on my 4K. Looks and plays great.

I think i hit that place you’re at @TimJames … so many directions. So many bosses.

This game seems vast.

I’m done with like 2 of those paths, man. Haha. It’s very big. And good.

It’s also totally a Soulsborne game. Anyone trying to say otherwise is crazy. Okay, the combat is different and there’s stealth. The game structure and flow is overwhelmingly the same.

Yea, as soon as I typed that I was thinking he’s probably waay past that point by now.

What did you think of the Hirata Estate endboss? Was it as much of a learning fight for you as it was for me?

Pretty sure that I’m dying enough that the dragon rot is going to spread to the real world from inside the game.

Sorry guys.

I have only played 100 minutes so far… but, yes, I have felt right at home. Phenomenal atmosphere, cryptic narration, learning the patterns, being careful and patient + some furious ninja movement. I was afraid it would be too fast or hectic. For now it’s not. Glad I bought it on release. (Dark Souls is my favorite game).

The boss in question

Probably the weakest one for me so far because she can’t really threaten you. You can block indefinitely and wait for the right move to step dodge and do some vitality damage. The illusions can be avoided by running around.

Most of the other main bosses have also been an endurance test, which is somewhat annoying. Overall I prefer the minibosses.

Yeah, I agree

whats up with those chicken… totally OP!

Funniest thing is you can juggle them a few times if you hit them in the air. Rooster May Cry!

Chickens are savages in real life too. The only reason they don’t kill us all is because they’re so much smaller than us.

Werner Herzog had the right of it all along.

There’s an FPS unlock mod but it requires you to unpack the .exe with Steamless, which is some tool that unpacks applications with Steam DRM but somehow doesn’t remove it, so it doesn’t enable piracy and he’s able to release it on github and not get sued.

Anyway, I was surprised to see there wasn’t much overhead in the framerate. I’m only getting 75-80 FPS in the castle with settings maxed out. It looks better but not enough to bother with. I’ll save it for my next playthrough.

Fuck that snake.

Oh ho ho, I’ve seen pictures of that one, yikes.

Made tons of progress last night. Shocked myself by killing spear guy on my first attempt. Also killed drunk guy, chained ogre guy and the general behind him. Made a few runs at the lady before needing to go to bed. What a tremendous game!

What distinguishes a boss from a miniboss?

Mostly context, and you could also say the main bosses give you a certain item to upgrade your attack power.