Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (topic now 200% easier to find)

Yeah, they really make you THINK that you need them, which is kind of bullshit, because you don’t have many, and I’d be surprised if someone beat her without running out if them.

I should load this game up again. I got real far, but didn’t beat it, and ended to removing it to make room on my ps4 because COD requires basically the entire freaking hard drive.

Well, I got past the guy in the well thanks to a dirty little trick that let me cut his life bar in half, hehe. Kept going, past a scary place and down an even deeper hole into another scary place. This game has depths! Although I can’t shake the feeling I am tooling through it a lot faster than I have any of the Souls games. We’ll see. I think I did DS Remastered in 37 hours. Left that hole behind to go back the way you go in the prologue and found another tough spear dude waiting for me. Seems beatable, though. Despite camera woes, I like that some of these fights that might be otherwise a little humdrum happen in places that you can’t just throw yourself backwards, although I did accidentally once and had to quickly grapple back up.

Oh man, those dive bombing guys were hilarious.

I finished off the 7AS guy at the Moon Viewing Tower, then turned around to see how to get across that bridge that was behind me. On confusing thing, the guys on the bridge were talking about a guy’s armor that was on hapzardly, then after killing them and getting a key I went back to a place I’d just snuck by and got Gyoubu’s Horn. I put two and two together…or so I thought, but I did not notice any result from hitting that guy with the resulting tool. Tried it a few times, realized I could just run by him and did that.

Some adventures later (and what the fuck, From, thanks for putting some unkillable guys next to this dude who’s trying to talk to me, meanwhile they’re getting up in my business and making it impossible for me to enjoy the conversation, so I got a letter and I’m not sure what else the guy said because I had to speed through it) I made it to the temple, where I’ve been sneaking around and getting some mysterious hints of things to come. Every time I think I’ve hit a wall there’s some other place to go!

Roberutooooooo!!!

It would be cool if you could upload clips of your boss fights. It’s interesting watching different people fight them.

Oh, I didn’t even think of doing that. I’ll do that for the next one I face, if I remember!

Up, up up at the temple. I found an old man, and he gave me a book. I found another text in a very high temple building and learned a combat art from it, then I went around and found myself where I’d already been. I faced and defeated Long-arm Centipede Sen-Un, but…I think I’m missing something. There must be more to this place, but I can’t think of anywhere obvious to go from here.

Somewhere up in this thread, i think i posted a video of my fight with a dude, but don’t watch it until you’ve beaten him.

You called?

Did I?!

Ok guys, I googled because I was confused and it seems maybe I’m at Senpou Temple too “early” to finish the area. I guess you need to make it to the top of the castle first? I have been in the keep, though, and the samurai who are there are rough as hell, so that’s why I left to do other things. Like, I don’t do hardly any vitality damage to them and can really only kill them by sneaking. Is that…normal? The only other area I can think of that’s open to me now is the Depths, and with all the undying down there I just said fuck it there must be some way to deal with these later and backtracked from there, too. Is there somewhere else I should be going that I missed? I’ve only uncovered the one memory so far. Are there others at this point? Or is the castle keep and its beefy samurai the way forward right now? I may have circumvented a miniboss in the stairs up toward the keep, but he’s surrounded by dudes and I figured it probably leads to the same place. Maybe I should go back and find a way through him. Guidance?

My name is Roberto, which is commonly spelled (in romaji) “Roberuto” (ロベルト) in Japanese. ;)

I gathered.

Now how about that guidance, Bob.

I would guide you if I had reached that far in the game, Bex. ;)

How far did you get? What made you put it down?

Ok, poking around the castle a bit more I found 3(!) more idols and a whole new area, although I can’t help but wonder if I’m still missing some side entrance into the lower bit of the keep proper…

I don’t know how far, since it opens in multiple directions and ways. I got about 12-20 hours in, I suppose, but I died a fair amount, so not sure how far that goes.

I stopped playing because From games are somewhat stressful, and I had enough stress in me that playing them was more aggravating than fun. I also needed the HD space for more laid-back games I needed to help me unwind and rest. I’m a little better now, and thus I thought about reinstalling Sekiro to keep playing, but then Death Stranding arrived. I plan on getting back to it though - generally speaking, I was enjoying the moment-to-moment gameplay in Sekiro more than any other From games I played.

It certainly feels like the easiest From game to me so far, although that could easily change. It also feels like the most labyrinthine one. I shudder to think what it might be like if you couldn’t fast travel from idol to idol, like DS1. I guess there would have to be other ways back from some places like the Depths that might otherwise not have a way out? I don’t know. I think I’m like 15 hours in now, and I have no idea how much of the surface I’ve scratched.

You’re definitely tearing through it faster than most folks I know.

Like that dude in the well, or the 7 spears guy? The 7 spears guy especially was a bitch.

However, that being said… a weird thing about the game is that if you get in the groove, it becomes super easy.

Like the fight I made the video of… I fought that guy a billion times, and just couldn’t get past them.

Then I came home from work one day, said, “Fuck this, let’s do it.” and I beat him on the first try. I’ve had that experience a number of times with this game.

Lady Butterfly is definitely the boss that’s taken me the most time to down so far. Good ting they made the “run” to her so easy! They are much, much more generous with checkpoints than in any other of their games here, I’d say, although DS3 was also pretty generous. Some of them seem like “why is this here,” like the Great Serpent Shrine, which is basically right next to the Under-Shrine Valley idol, with no enemies in between.

Yes, they definitely don’t bullshit you with checkpoints. For the most part, for the hard boss fights, you essentially can get from the checkpoint to the boss in a few seconds.

It’s a refreshing change, because it makes the game legitimately challenging, rather than just annoyingly grindy.