Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (topic now 200% easier to find)

Thanks @rrmorton !

Sekiro…
All I came to say after playing some more is…you have got to be shitting me.

OK, tough but I made it.

Woot! Nice job =)

Right now I’m on O’Rin of the Water. It seems like she will be slow going. Opportunities for attack are kind of low. Some attacks come in bunches and it’s hard to deflect them all. I’ll keep trying and see if I start lasting a little longer.

Thanks @Fozzle !

Yea! That one didn’t take too long.She seemed really tough the first several fights.

Corrupted Monk down too!

Don’t read spoiler if you haven’t finished…

I’m fighting Owl now, is there a lot left?

I think you are crushing this game better than me on my first playthrough.

One major area is left, the secret easily missable area I mentioned before, and the end-game…area. If you progress to the end-game the secret area will become unavailable unless you do the steps to unlock it beforehand.

So when did you get The Mortal Blade? Before or after Guardian Ape?

I want to say after, but I’m really not sure. Everything is a blur :-)

I couldn’t believe it when there was the second ape fight.

Also, I put a lot of hours into the game, 48 hours so far, even though I started pretty recently.

Haha, my first playthrough took 80 hours. It’s probably double the average.

To give an idea this guy alone was easily 10 hours. And he was just a mini-boss.

Shinobi Hunter Enshin of Misen

I think I was at 40 hours after only finally clearing the Hirata Estate. The early game for me took so freakin’ long.

I 100% the game at 120 hours though. Those NG+ runs were really hella fast. NG+ was fast but I still died a few times to some of the bosses, but NG+2, 3, 4… were all lightspeed destroy everything first try barring the “new bosses” which took more time. I think a full run only took like only a few hours but realistically 4 or 5 hours mostly because I wanted to still loot stuff along the way for some reason.

@robc04 You are killing it! Genichiro might be where I lose steam. I’ve seen phase 2 once…

This boss hits like a tank. A couple mistakes by me and it’s bye bye hit points. I don’t have much in the way of consumables, other than my healing fask which is up to 9.

This boss doesn’t really have anything complex about it, but just punishes you for mistakes. It feels like i should be able to learn their attacks, but I’m only making small progress.

@roguefrog I don’t think I could get to your levels of consistency to beat bosses without ever dying. I feel like I’ve missed some stuff too since I only have 35% of the achievements. huh, I don’t have the corrupted monk achievement and I beat them.

The first time I took away a red health dot from him, I went all the way to beat him. Phew! I wasn’t prepared for the second half because I only had 1 item to remove poison and I got poisoned a second time right near the end. All I had was pellets to try and slow down my death.

I looked at a walkthrough for the secret you mentioned. One step is to fast travel to an area, Old Graves, that i don’t seem to have found yet. I guess I’ll have to look that up.

I’m not sure how I missed that sculpter site mentioned above. I was in that area. Found it now.

Can you not? Can you really not? Have you played a From game at this point? xD

It was more so because I had sooo much trouble with the first one I didn’t expect it to have another.

@roguefrog I’m at the first battle in that secret path you were speaking of, and I feel totally helpless. Kind of like when I first fought butterfly and ape. I’m at the point where I can’t see the path to victory, unlike the last main boss where I could totally see what I needed to do even though I couldn’t do it for a while.

Just to make sure I didn’t miss anything really important, my Vitality is 16, attack power 9 and I have 9 healing flasks. Does that sound about right?