Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (topic now 200% easier to find)

Only 58% killed the first boss, Gyobu? I feel motivated now ;) I have to say I really liked that fight. I may start to play this properly (I just found out that I have to hold X to collect money from fallen foes). I really have not read a single item description or even opened the menu. I just wanted to see if this game is for me (despite being excited when it came out).

Don’t read unless you finished, end game spoiler…

Is the main path easier than the alternate path for the ending? Just going to the fountain instead of going to fight owl a second time?

I think I’m ready for some closure and that battle is kicking my butt. I don’t think I’ve got the stamina anymore.

I have only gotten the most common ending, so I didn’t fight Owl Father, but I have heard that he is maybe the toughest boss. I have to get back to this one at some point. It really might be my favorite From game (and I’ve played all of the Demon’s Souls+ ones).

You need to save your stamina for the final boss of the game.

For Owl Father I reached a point where I just knew how to deal with all his moves. Watching videos of other people fighting him helped tremendously yet again!

If you complete all bosses/mini-bosses and collected all gourds, you should have 20 Vitality, 13 Attack power, and 10 flasks going into the last fight.

Check the shrine donation box if you think you missed an item that can no longer be acquired?

There are several mini-bosses (for a few more beads to boost vitality) and even a actual boss (attack power) that isn’t the final boss during the “end-game.” All optional. For missing gourds, there are some in out of the way places but I believe they are always available to track down and loot. I had to look up the location of a couple of them I missed.

P.S. There is a mask you can assemble that allows you to boost attack power for skill points, but you pay the iron price. It’s better to unlock all the passives and Empowered Mortal Draw. A mid-air Empowered Mortal Draw that consumes emblems is the strongest attack in the game!

Maybe I should use a guide to track down the stuff I don’t have. I totally forgot about the shrine box - I’ll take a looksy. Thanks!

I’m pretty sure i’ve got all the bosses up until the end game, but crap, I look at all the names of the mini bosses and I’m not even sure who I missed!

I know I missed Lone Shadow Longswordsman and some headless

Grrr I came within a sliver of beating the true corrupted monk.

The headless are a pain in the ass, not fun and not worth it for the rewards, in my opinion. I killed a couple and left the others alone.

I killed all of them. There are…six I think.

The benefit is you get a reusable items that take emblems instead of the consumable sugars. Although I only really ended up using two (more damage or stealth). But yeah…optional.

OK, the second corrupted monk a ton of tries but I made it. That last step was giving me trouble. I decided to unload firecrackers on it every chance I got in that last step and do as much quick damage as I could.

True Corrupt Monk has three health bars, but did you know you can instantly deathblow the second health bar?

I sure as fuck didn’t know. I beat True Corrupted Monk through all three phases the first time…

Wow, nice! It must have taken me 50. I didn’t know about the deathblow.

Well, I’m at the final battle…and it seems like it will be hard. I tried 2x and maybe got about 50% of the way through the first health dot. I may as well wait, until next play session because I’m surely not going to do it quickly and it’s getting late.

If I wasn’t making much progress on a boss, or stuck in a funk, like I kept dying to stupid shit I shouldn’t be…I’d just step away from the game. I’ve found when I came back the next day I’d make progress or even beat the boss after only a few tries. YMMV of course but I think especially for the last boss, this is the big one!

Also totally pop rare consumables if you find yourself at the final phase and need that extra push. Like those Jizo statues that restore resurrection and rice from the child of restoration to get a pretty strong and lengthy heal-over-time buff. This is the fight to use them. Also if you have no rice the child will always give you one when you have none. You can also get this item upgraded by completing her questline.

Well done! And yes it will ;) At least it was for me, but I got there in the end

Good news is my first try this morning I got through the first health dot. Bad news is I died in like a minute after that.

I fired up the game and fought him and he actually got me on phase 2, but I got back up and pwned him. I didn’t die twice. Provided you have all three resurrection icons filled, you can afford to die and rez once per each of his phases.

If memory serves, after you get the first health bar down, there’s a tree you can grapple up to which gives you an instant deathblow from above.

You got this! Home stretch!