Select your color theme preference for Discourse qt3

I was going to say the number of replies does the same thing and Topic can also drive interest. Likes is just… well I guess whatever someone is amused with, at the moment, for agrees with, at the moment, or maybe find sarcastic enough to respond to or… something.

A good discussion will have sizable replies.

I know I’m beating a dead horse here, but forum software telling me how and what I’m supposed to read is terrible and one of my big negatives on likes.

I get that. Even while I was typing my replies, I knew that it was a weak defence (vs looking at number of replies). But you gotta like the different shade of red! That’s such a nice novelty.

Yep. Exactly.

It is shameful how you and @lockerk, both grown ass men, were forced to click on those differently colored links.

Anyways, you could trivially override the CSS colors there on the element if it was a real concern.

This is exactly the sort of social manipulation I was worried about creeping in. I don’t need a new Facebook in my life, or a new reddit or even slashdot.

“Just try it, you’ll like it. Everyone’s doing it now. All the social medias give you that dopamine reinforcement high at will. Like Like Like Like Like. Look, here is a bunch of stuff that made other people click the Like button, you should read it too, right now. One of us…” no thanks

So which is it? These formatting choices and features don’t affect user behavior? Then why are you so adamant about them?

Or these forum features are designed to affect behavior, in which case, why is it not okay for someone to express that they don’t want that?

OMFG DATA DATA STACKOVERFLOW DATA QUALCOMM KICKED MY DOG

#SnipThemFanGrates

There, I’ve provided the proper response to your deeply disrespectful question

;-)

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

I’m here to help, buddy.

You go, girl!

Solarized Dark fans, now you can match your QT3 theme to your mechanical keyboard!

https://www.keyclack.com/groupbuy/gmkSolarizedDarkR1

I would seriously consider this if I was in a drop-$150-on-a-keyboard-I-don’t-really-need kinda place right now.

You gotta be able to do this on existing RGB keyboards. I wonder if there’s a Corsair lighting scheme in solarized dark out there somewhere. I could take the color values and try it myself…

It’s not even a keyboard. What you are buying is just the key caps, made by one of the best manufacturing company in the world - German quality that can last you for years. And because it’s built to order, the chance of this colour way happening again is very slim. But yeah, $150 a set is a killer.

wat lol