Select your color theme preference for Discourse qt3

Look how good this looks in iOS Safari set to private browsing (which unfortunately requires me to log in each time, so isn’t my default):

Any chance to get the other themes back?

I know the night theme was greatly wanted but there was an in-between kind of muted grey i actually used that was apparently a theme I picked so long ago I forgot it wasn’t the default.

Yes, if someone writes the CSS for it, sure.

My eyes thank you, sir. Qt3 by Night! theme is awesome on my iPhone with Dark themed Gboard and Night Shift cranked to max. If only I could browse in iOS Safari’s Private mode all the time without losing all my saved logins, I’d be in dark theme heaven.

Wait. I take it back. You guys are obviously futzing with the themes because I’m suddenly having my retinas burnt out by binding whiteness even with the Night! Theme confirmed active.

Yeah, and the changes to the header are bloody awful. Hopefully just temporary.

Please talk about themes in the new topic.

What’s wrong with the header?

Seems Ok to me? Screenshot?

Oh yeah. That was a bug before-- @clay fixed it, didn’t you clay?

Why do I feel like somebody’s watching me? It’s just Qt3.

I don’t remember fixing it before but I can take a stab at fixing it. There are a number of color tweaks that would improve the dark theme. I don’t really have time to work on them all tonight but I can take a stab at it tomorrow.

I just fixed my issue by switching back to Default, saving, and returning to By NIGHT! Ahhhh. Here’s a screenshot or my almost perfect (non private browsing iOS Safari experience) now:

UNACCEPTABLE DO IT NAO!

Yeah, the header on mobile is truly heinous. This is new as of this evening (4/17).

Seems to be fixed now. Try reloading.

Are you telling me to learn code? And is there some sort of rule list of the things I can and cannot ask for and under which subject, you know, so if we’re held accountable to something we actually know what that something is.

I think you read tone into my post that wasn’t there.

We can do limited color changes in the UI, but I tried to get a midnight blue theme working myself and was not successful. So it does require CSS.

I’m happy to help create themes. However, I would suggest the following:

• Let’s work on one at a time.
  • I need to figure out WTF is going on with the new theming system b/c I just saw it for the first time 10 minutes ago.
  • It’s going to take a few days/weeks to get everything tweaked.

I recommend that we create a topic for each theme that Qt3 is going to support and that the people interested in that theme contribute examples of the color scheme they’d like to see.

Just make sure light and dark aren’t broken for now cough @stusser and test on mobile too.

The Xtra width CSS needs to be made into a Theme Component so dark has it as well.