Select your color theme preference for Discourse qt3

Looks great to me! I guess it’s not possible to have a setting where it can automatically switch themes based on the user’s current local time? I prefer the regular theme during the day but it’s a bit of a pain to have to change it manually every night. And by “pain”, I mean the smallest First World Problem™ ever.

You People Are Unbelievable™

I’m working on that. There are a number of customizations that need to be split apart to fully separate the width from other styling.

Ok, I think I got most of them. Might be some straggler elements.

Once you have broken that out into a Theme Component, then attach that Theme Component to the dark Theme (or any other Theme) that needs it.

(There is a topic on meta for feedback on this functionality which is still under development, and I am sure you will have some feedback after this!)

I’m not demanding it right now. It literally was just a question and a reminder there was this other theme I was using on the original site. I put it in the subject where my post was removed from because it said something like there isn’t anything being worked on right now, or the list is really short so I thought hey, if they’re not knee deep with other requests maybe now is the time to ask about this and get it on the list… guess not.

Also the big blue line between posts needs to be broken out as a Theme Component (general tweaks?), or merged into both dark and light themes.

Do you have a screenshot of it? I’m not sure I ever saw the theme.

Unless there’s a performance reason to not break it out, I’ll break it out.

I always liked the grey theme. I might be willing to work on that. Also a solarized theme would be good, I use that in VS2015. Anybody willing to give me access to the css admin stuff?

Qualifications: full stack web developer.

I posted it here before right after we changed. I’ll have to see if I can find that post. I was told we were keeping the default, and I had no idea i wasn’t using the default until i posted that screenshot after the move to Discourse.

Found it. It was buried in the subject I was kicked out of.

[quote=“sharaleo, post:73, topic:119992”]
If the brightness bothers you check out the FAQ for some workarounds while the powers that be work towards a more permanent solution, which is hopefully on the cards.
[/quote]

I guess it was called Grey Folio.

I don’t think we can give access without admin rights on the forum, but if you have a color scheme and CSS for us to install for you, we’ll give it a shot.

My guess is the easiest way to develop for Discourse would be to run a local copy yourself-- it is insanely easy to install.

That’s a good point. I’ll throw it on my Google cloud account and work on it there. I’ll see if it has enough data to test

For your reference, the hex colors associated with Solarized. I went ahead and changed the dark theme’s link colors to be the #268bd2 blue because it provides more contrast (in most places) than the really muted #006699 that was there.

Thanks!

This dark theme is amazing. I now no longer miss tapatalk to any degree.

Thanks everyone!

There are zero performance reasons to keep stuff in giant pieces. 1 theme with 100 theme components will perform same as 1 theme.

If you setup discourse locally, you can experiment and then upload the theme to GitHub

Today I added the ability to check in colors

As far as I’m concerned greyfolio was the old forum. Whenever I logged out and was presented with the ghastly blue/white it was a shock to my senses and made me doubt what QT3 really was.

So to hear of it’s intended return: hooray.

Same for me. I’ve gotten used to this default theme now pretty well, but I’ll try to bring the grey back because I used it exclusively for my entire time back in vB land. I finally got my discourse test instance up and running (after the 3rd install of discourse due to some email shenanigans). So I’ll be playing around with that soon. For now, bed.