Select your color theme preference for Discourse qt3

OK, I have a theme set that I think more closely matches the recommended guidance for colors for solarized-light as well as css tweaks to support it. Who should I send it to and how should I deliver it? I guess I can paste it in a PM no problem.

Thanks!

Definitely to @stusser

OK, sent. Thanks.

I think there’s a bug with the bookmark icon in Solarized Dark. Marking a post as a bookmark does not change the color and so I thought I hadn’t bookmark it and tap again. I don’t know if I’ve bookmarked it or UN-bookmark it.

It’s the exact same color of light blue, but I only define that specific color once. So that is actually a bug, and the only way to fix that would be custom CSS.

After days of back-and-forth between Night theme and Solarized Dark, I have to admit Solarized Dark won me over. The contrast is absolutely perfect for my eyes, night or day, and the color scheme is gorgeous, yet understated. I am infatuated.

Who is responsible for this work of art? Nice job.

http://ethanschoonover.com/solarized

Figures.
I guess I assumed that someone either here or at wumpus’ place came up with it, and I wanted to make sure they knew how great it was. I had no idea it was an actual thing.

It’s very well-known. I was pushing for a solarized dark theme since the beginning, although I must admit I’m actually using the midnight blue myself. My favorite color and I like a bit more contrast.

IMO Discourse should offer Solarized Light and Solarized Dark as defaults.

I agree. Solarized Dark has to be my favourite theme and it change the way QT3 feels to me. What a great scheme and we need to have more people experienced it!

Yep, Solarized is the best. Came across it when I was working a lot in Sublime Text, and fell immediately in love.

Has anyone made the css adjustments for Solarized Dark yet? I can punch those out pretty quick if you guys need them.

Nope, your input is welcome! I have no way to see which theme is most popular but from this thread a lot of people like it.

Damn straight.

I know @wumpus laughed at someone for suggesting it before, but if Discourse could switch between themes (i.e., Solarized Light and Dark) depending on time of day at the user’s location, I’d be in text reading heaven.

The system looks great to me, so far. Solarized Dark needs some tweaks – like the brown around the reply window is uh… gross. I’d also change the color to something else on the @name tags.

@wumpus I would only suggest moving the “Select a Theme” setting to the top of the preferences instead of keeping it at the bottom.

Part of the 1.8 release is to break the user prefs page into subtabs etc so that is a different issue.

Thanks to whoever fixed this! It look great!

I was wondering when people would notice. :)

Edit: Thanks stusser for applying the css.

He he… I noticed the moment I hit reply! Such a stark contrast!

Ohhhh… very much improved. Well done!