Serious Sam 3

I didn’t think QT3 had sigs, but I seem to have a block below every post I make that starts with, “Zylon”. Does anyone know how to get rid of that dangling text block?

That would be a fair observation. On the other hand, this is Warren, and the only part of his post that wasn’t a simple recitation of facts was “shrug”, so lord only knows what that meant.

As for Croteam, my distant memory is that they only wanted to be in the game engine business, and the original Serious Sam demo was intended primarily as an engine demo. If true, their creative output over the years is entirely reasonable in this light.

And here’s the screen on Facebook:

http://bit.ly/gDGC9v

Here’s the picture from the above link. Why do we have to click links to see a picture when this is so much easier?

Hmmm, interesting. So it’s set somewhere in the middle east? Or at least a part of it will take place there. That begs the question - will the suicide bombers make a comeback?

Tiny alleyway, only one enemy. Serious Sam screenshot fail.

Looks rather gritty for a Serious Sam game.

Officially announced! (RPS article)

Choice quote from the press release:
"
“Holy crap, I am going to make a boatload of cash of this game,” said Fork Parker, chief financial officer at Devolver Digital, the Serious Sam 3: BFE publisher. “I mean that’s what this is all about, right? If this thing comes out in the summer my wife is totally getting the tit job she’s been asking for.”

Serious Sam 3 will bring the boom to PC and game consoles this summer.

When asked for further comment, Fork replied, “Bam. Tit job.”
"

Is that a screen shot? It almost looks composited. Or else they’re photo source for textures and barely touching it.

Steam page.

Sigh. They are still spooging over their graphics engine and they are not going to have hundreds of enemies. Looks a lot more like Serious Sam 2 than like the first ones, based purely on enemy density in those shots.

I’m’a wait and fucking see on this one, alright.

The first two didn’t have hundreds on screen simultaneously either. They just did a great job of making it feel that way.
The second screeny posted above has around 20 enemies in it. Granted that’s probably less than half what the first two games had at their busiest. But then, it really doesn’t seem like they’re trying to showcase how many enemies they can put on the screen in those shots.

Interview with Croteam on Big Download

All of the Serious Sam games are known for massive amounts of enemies on screen at once along with huge outdoor levels. Is it safe to say that Serious Sam 3 will continue that trend?

Roman: Yes, it’s safe as getting icing on the cake.

Will we see any returning enemies in the new game such as the headless bomber or the charging bull?

Roman: Yes, those boys are key ingredients for Serious Sam franchise.

What new enemies can we expect to see in Serious Sam 3?

Alen: If you’ve followed the screenshots released so far, you have already seen Scrapjack, Antaresian Spiders, Witch-Bride of Achriman and a glimpse of the Technopolip. This is not the whole set, but stay tuned for more shots in the future. And of course, the favorites from the Encounters will also appear in Sam 3 and all of them have been redesigned in the new updated style.

Three accompanying indie games announced

What would it be like if Vlambeer, the team behind Super Crate Box, made a Serious Sam game? Easy way to find out would be to play Vlambeers Serious Sam: The Random Encounter, a classic turn-based role-playing game designed by the tiny Dutch studio.

The game is one the three titles being designed as part of the “Serious Sam Indie Series” that Croteam announced today. Weapon of Choice developer Mommy’s Best Games will be developing Serious Sam: Double D, a side-scrolling shooter featuring hand drawn artwork that will appear on PC and consoles.

Be-Rad, developer of Lame Castle, is creating Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack! for mobile phones, and asks “Do you got the balls?”

The three games will be released leading up to the launch of Serious Sam: BFE; Double D and Kamikaze Attack! will be playable at PAX East, so check them out if you’re in the area.

Serious Sam 3 reveal trailer released.

NO COVER. ALL MAN.

That tagline is perfect for the ridiculousness of everything about the series. And I like it!

That looked really fun.

Wow. This is out today, I guess. Is anyone buying?

I just can’t see myself spending any time on this until well after the holidays. Unless I hear some Earth-shatteringly great reviews, I’m holding off.

I too thought SE was SS2. It looks to me like they’re actually taking the setting seriously, rather than making an insane cartoon? WTF.

I got the game as a part of a trade, once I got some time in I’ll post some impressions.

I’m in but yeah not until after I finish skyrim, lego batman, and saints row 3.

Here you are: Ughhh.

Personally, I’d say wait for this game to be $10 or less. It’s meh.

Edit: After more gameplay, I’m revising my opinion from meh, to yeah, pretty fun. Pay up to $20 if you want.