Serious Thread: Debt collection issue

I actually just called the company I originally owed the money to just to see if there was an amount. They didn’t have any record of the amount because it was so long ago and the girl I spoke to in their collections department advised me that she’s never heard of a collections agency charging interest.

So now I’m wondering where I go to from here.

:Edit: Just spoke to Legal Aid ( free legal service yay ) who advised that if I’ve been told about interest charges in the original contract then I may be liable tof the interest charges. However , the collection agency has claimed I made a payment to them in 2005 , I am going to ask them for written proof that it was me that made the payment because I hold no recollection of it. If they can’t do that I claim the debt statute barred and walk away.

It’s really not that different from quoting someone and beginning your argumentative response with, “So what you’re saying is [a summary of something different than what they said, but conveniently easier for them to argue against].” It’s about as equally entertaining, which is to say it isn’t.

I’m not saying it’s derivative of the person you’re responding to. I’m saying it’s a posting stunt that’s been done to death. And then done again about 8 million times. Let’s retire it.

Maybe it’s your secret weak point!

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY THREAD.

Damn.

I guess that applied to everyone. If you want a private discussion may I suggest a private channel?

It didn’t. I only did that because what NWJ was talking about was way off topic and this is a topic that is pretty concerning ( to me ) though I can see how the topic may apply to others as well. So maybe it’s him that needed the private channel.

I’d like to think that 9 years after he’s posted, it’s been sorted out…