Servo: Sci-fi RTS from Age of Empires creators

how do I delete this post I messed up?

I didn’t want to come right out and say that, but that’s what I’m feeling too (and I didn’t even buy Servo!)

As has previously been mentioned, Stardock’s plan is to move Servo customers over to Star Control: Origins.

While Servo wasn’t a Stardock game, it had Stardock customers who purchased it because we were the original publisher and we always take care of our own.

I think the ongoing concern might have been Steam purchasers, as opposed to Stardock-direct purchases. If that group’s included, I think most remaining raised eyebrows might well be lowered (and if even if not, just having definitively clarification would help. But I don’t have any skin in this particular game, and haven’t been keeping up w/ Steam Forums, etc., so there may already be more info out there than there was when the discussion re-arose a couple of weeks back here).

Oh, and, in case it wasn’t clear from my prior, meaning-clarifying message, thanks for taking the time to read and reply about it at all, esp. here, on a thoroughly unofficial place for news on the game at all. <3

The thing that wasn’t clear was what would happen to people who purchased the game on Steam. I’m happy that Brad has cleared this up in the Ashes thread.

Many thanks for the reply, Brad. I’m looking forward to Star Control.

That’s good on Stardock. BonusXP can get run over by a bus as far as I’m concerned.

Hey guys, not sure if everyone saw this but here’s the page for getting Star Control and a coupon.

https://www.starcontrol.com/servo

Much appreciated; thank you.

That’s fantastic, thank you!

When the page says that your Steam account must be set to Public (to verify the purchase of Servo), does this mean your your Inventory in your profile?

I’ve set my profile to public, but it hasn’t registered yet. I’ve also set the inventory to public, but no luck. Maybe have to wait a bit more than a few minutes. ;-)

Edit: 10 minutes after this post I still get the “Account Security set to private” message, despite my profile being public now. I’ve disabled my privacy plugins and also tried a different browser, but no dice yet.

I believe it’s just your profile that needs to be public, but I passed along the info about inventory privacy to the team.

Cool, thanks! I set both to Public just to be sure.

Like @JoshoB, been waiting for about 10 mins thus far and the page is still complaining that my account is Private. I’ll keep trying.

same issue

It took a lot longer than the 5 minutes on the page, but it did finally work.

To which god did you make your sacrifice to? I’m still stuck after an hour!

Same here!

We found an issue and there’s a fix rolling out for the website soon. I’d recommend trying back in a little while.

you got a likely typo on the success page- the coupon you’re giving expired five days ago.

This is working for me now.

Thanks for doing right (and going the extra mile) for your customers, Brad. This sort of thing engenders a lot of loyalty in someone like me!