Set your alarms to 5.17.19 and let's get a John Wick: Chapter 3 thread started

These movies seem to get dumber and dumber each iteration, and there will come a time when it crosses the line into “too dumb” territory for me, but I don’t think it will be this time. I’m in.

Like Kingsman, which started off being “too dumb” in the first movie in some scenes, and then completely crossing the line in the second movie.

I thought John Wick was pretty far from that territory though.

YOU GET DUMBER AND DUMBER WITH EACH ITERATION.

It’s like I don’t even know you.

She touched my puppy, Steve :(

In related news:

Further analysis found that the film The Hunt for Red October would have been 31 percent more solid with Michael Keaton in the Alec Baldwin role.

Could you imagine Keaton in a John Wick movie? HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE?

ANYWHOOSLEBEE…

I mean, even the TITLE of the movie is inspired.

Only a few more weeks to go. Can’t wait!!

Here’s the latest trailer:

So. Excite. Sad it’ll be the last movie, but I’m okay with them having a defined ending.

Who says it’s the last movie?

while it will be a while until we officially learn whether or not John Wick: Chapter 4 will happen, director Chad Stahelski envisions this as a franchise that could continue for much longer. Stahelski stated:

" I enjoy making these movies because there’s no limit. We create our own mythology, and we have a studio that both stays out of our way and supports us on the wacky decisions. If people go see the movie, and it makes money, and they came back to us, Keanu and I have ideas for days. I could live here for the rest of my career. If people like it and want to watch more, I could think of way worse ways to spend your career. But, you know, we’re in the entertainment business. We’ll let the audience figure that out".

Holy what!? I thought I read it was gonna be a trilogy and this would be the last ones. Yay more John Wick!!!

I pity the production studio that tries to stop John Wick ;)

Love the Matrix reference, “Guns. Lots of guns.”

Just got my ticket for opening day. Taking the day off so I can watch the first two movies in the morning, and see this around lunchtime. CAN’T. WAIT.

Keanu talks about training and filming John Wick 3.

Already have tickets for pre-premiere on Wednesday. I love that these films are successful, I remember seeing the trailer for the first film, loving the choreography and hoping it will make money for a sequel. And now I am about to go see a third film already.

EEEEEEE TOMORROW IS THE DAY! I can’t wait!!!

@Paul_cze how was it?!?!

I liked it a lot, but slightly less than first two :)
There were some super inventive and hard to shoot scenes I loved, but in few others I could see some seams (John flying away way too much after getting what seemed like not very hard kick, stuff like that) and I was not a huge fan of some of the plot development (although fortunately it got on the right track by the end).
Lance Reddick finally picked up a gun which was awesome :)
First two films are 9/10, this one was 8/10 for me.

That is not bad for the third film in a series. Watching the first two now. So excited.