Sexual abuse investigation on psychic's say-so

I do know a guy named Carl!!!

Can’t blame her. These people at the school have their heads completely up their asses - and this on top of them having “lost” her daughter on more than one occasion.

What makes this tragic is that there isn’t really anywhere for her to turn at this point. The district will not pay for the daughter to get the education she needs, and they are clearly incompetent, and frankly dangerous, to put the daughter into the care of themselves.

Anyone see the South Park where Stan is trying to convince people that John Edwards is a douche by explaining exactly what he does and how? And then everyone thinks he’s psychic just like John Edwards, and he gets his own TV show. That was a good one.

Oh, this story is completely ridiculous.

Oh my god what happened to Carl?

It turns out that he did need instructions after all.

We’ll see how you like it when you’re cold as ice!

That’s an awesome episode.

John Edward: Look, what I do doesn’t hurt anybody. I give people closure and help them cope with life.

Stan: No, you give them false hope and a belief in something that isn’t real.

John Edward: But I’m a psychic.

Stan: No dude, you’re a douche.

John Edward: I’m not a douche! What if I really believe that dead people talk to me?

Stan: Then you’re a stupid douche

I have heard that cops investigate allegations by so-called psychics because sometimes an actual witness will claim to be a psychic to report a crime while not getting personally involved. Maybe that was part of their thought process?

Oh yeah, I could see that happening. Sort of like how people will call into a radio talk show and tell how ‘their friend’ keeps falling into these bad relationships and can’t hold a job or quit drinking. Or so I hear anyway.

Holy cats, John Edwards is psychic? Shit, I would have totally voted for him.

I’ve never heard that (either about cops, or about witnesses). Can anyone substantiate that? I have heard of cops listening to, and even proactively contacting, psychics. Anyone who read the ghost thread can guess my hair-tearing-out reaction every time I read about those cases.

Pretty good episode of the X-Files though

She should stop reading OOtS before giving psychic readings.

Hopefully the “psychic” gets one of those huge defamation lawsuits leveled at her.

Nah, he/she is clever enough to be so vague that you can’t pin annything on them.

Wasn’t it an episode of Bullshit where they had some FBI investigator talking about how they’d looked at loads of cases and couldn’t find a single instance where talking to a physic had helped at all… but several where wasting time and money on following leads from so-called physics probably had hurt the investigation?

I think there has to be a “reasonable” reliance for there to be a defamation suit. The psychic’s defense would be, hey, my psychic powers/crystal ball/tea leaves said the girl was being abused. How can you argue with that?