Shadow Warrior 2

While i think the game is overall fun, i was not a fan of the changes made to it from the previous one personally.

More specifically, if Robc04 did not like the previous one because he thought it was too repetitive in both level design and enemies, he will probably not be happy with the second one which makes these aspects significantly worse.

For better and worse shadow warrior 2 uses what i can only assume are (semi) randomly generated maps that are very repetitive and same’y.

So in short, to answer robc04’s question in this fantastic thread necro that i am taking advantage of as well, No, Shadow warrior 2 does not improve the aspects you talk about and in fact makes them worse.

I thought Shadow Warrior 1 was pretty repetitive, but I didn’t feel the same about Shadow Warrior 2 at all. So YMMV.

Well, objectively the game is reusing map sections to create its levels. I forget the exact words the developer used but it was something like semi random levels. So you’re going to see the same areas over and over again. Even in early game you will do the same sections multiple times.

Whether you consider that repetitive is a matter of opinion i suppose. Whether you enjoy the game even though the levels are repetitive is a completely different issue. I would say i enjoyed diablo 3 for example even though the levels were HUGELY repetitive.

I’m pretty sure I will pick this up at some point. If it is the reveal game for a humble monthly I’ll jump all over it. I’m trying to temper my eagerness to buy every game I want this year and prioritize things. So far my monthly spending average is half of last year’s, so I’m pretty happy so far. If I buy this cheap enough I won’t feel bad if I end up getting tired of it and only partially play it. If it keeps my interest the entire time it will be a bonus!

This is finally out on the PS4 now as well, and I am REALLY enjoying it, which is a surprise to me, because I was kinda wary of the juvenile dialogue.

So far, its great! And the dialogue isn’t so bad that its offensive to a prudish Dane like me, so all in all, VERY happy with the purchase !

So you were able to take a whole lot of Wang without issue? Nice! :)

I added this game to my wishlist for the third time because of this comment, but Vanquish is making me realize how bored I am of shooters.

You could’ve told me this before I played Doom.

Sorry for the aside, but do Danes have the reputation of being prudes?

Based on my observing Danish tourists in the bars of Chania, Crete over a period of two years, I would say “Quite the opposite in fact” :)

Haha! Yeah, my sample size is very small, but the one Danish family I know is about as far away as prudish as you can get. Of course, they’re living in the US, so maybe Denmark just exiles those who don’t conform to their prudish ways?? :)

Either way, now I need to know. @Razgon, you’re my only hope!

Nah, not really - I just react with knee-jerk prudeness whenever I hear f*ck and other kind of rudeness in games - I think it comes from being oldfashioned and raised to be a proper person at all times.

My fellow Danes are crazy though, and have very little modesty or prudeness, which is a constant source of agony for me:-D

Now that conforms to my anecdotal experiences with Danes. :) But I mean that in the best possible way.

Today I just finished Shadow Warrior 2013. I liked the game play enough, but it felt like there was too much of it. Steam says I played for 15 hours, but it felt much longer. There wasn’t enough enemy variety and the locations felt too similar. I’ve felt that was about several games lately, such as Space Marine.

Yeah, I felt the same by the end. It kind of overstays its welcome. Funnily enough, I didn’t feel like that at all with Shadow Warrior 2. Go figure.

Also, the story in Shadow Warrior 2013 was a lot better than I expected. The way it ends was a lot more poignant than I was able to anticipate. Storywise, Shadow Warrior 2 doesn’t come close in any way, but it doesn’t need to, really. :)

Agreed. I was surprised.

I saw this is finally on sale for >50% off. Was it as good as the first? I recall Tom really liking it.

It’s certainly good. The environments get a bit repetitive later on I thought, but I enjoyed it.

Almost as good as the first. Unfortunately it is not quite as directed and I missed Hoji, but it is still funny and action is still brilliant. I do recommend it, but wish they went a bit different direction with it.

If you want to get hyped for it, watch this vid

It sure is pretty nice looking If it had been this price 6 months ago I think i would have snatched it up. There is other stuff I rather play now that I already own and it’s only going to get cheaper.

Yeah, they missed their sale window somehow. I was looking forward to it since Tom loved it so much, but now that excitement has dissipated. Phew. My wallet backlog thanks you, publisher of Shadow Warrior 2.