Shadow Watch, breathing new life into

Over the past year I’ve become increasingly obsessed with Shadow Watch, to the point where I’ve developed my own “mod” to extend the game’s interest and replayability.

It’s not a mod in the traditional sense of altered/augmented software, though – it just uses the single mission option, a six-sided die, and some bookkeeping on the part of the player to create randomized campaigns. The things that make it a little more engaging than the in-game campaign (for me), are 1) a greater variety of potential missions, and 2) the ability to keep a running campaign score. There is a built-in mission logic, but no actual narrative except for the one in the player’s head.

I’m clearly insane, because I’ve written up a rulebook for anyone who wants to try the system out. If you share an obsession with this underdog classic and want to give it a shot, email me ( [email protected] ) and I’ll send you the Word document.

Say… did you ever finish that NWN module? How about you Ben Sones?

No! No! Get that NWN out of this thread, Andrew!

I’m trying to bask in here, OK?

:)

Heh heh… :)

Andrew, the module was pretty close to completion before I had to pick up and move across the country. In the process I got a new computer that has a lousy video card and a dearth of RAM, so NWN runs like crap on it right now, and using the toolset is painful. In a month or so, when I have the ducats to upgrade, I’ll get back to work on the damn thing. Not that anyone will care by then…

But hey, wait a minute – a Neverwinter Nights Shadow Watch mod… hmmm…

“Over the past year I’ve become increasingly obsessed with Shadow Watch, to the point where I’ve developed my own “mod” to extend the game’s interest and replayability.”

I hope you didn’t use a Xeric grant for this!

Hey, some people blow their Xeric money on drugs! At least I’m, well… At least I spent mine constructively by hiring high school kids to playtest my new Shadow Watch variant. So what if they were on drugs. And so what if I paid for the drugs with my Xeric money.

Are you my grant officer? HOW DO YOU ALWAYS KNOW WHERE I AM?!?

I got my answer. Sorry Kevin, bask away. :D

“How do you always know where I am?”

I follow the trail of india ink smudges…