Shameless plug time

http://jade.bioware.com/

Anyone need an Operator Interface?

http://www.esatechnology.com/5k/

How high can you go? I’m only interested if it supports Level 20 operators.

[size=2]P.S. - Get your own damn plug thread![/size]

No PC version. Bleh.

Nope and no plans for one. It’s not a PC style game. I for one would not want a fighting style game on the PC.

You know, you wouldn’t have to buy it.

You know, you wouldn’t have to buy it.[/quote]

Regardless, show me one successful fighting game on the PC.

Why aren’t there any successful fighting games on the PC? Because they aren’t making any?

It’s been tried, but every one I played was less than fun. The PC keyboard isn’t set up for it and the lack of a standard gamepad makes it difficult to make combo moves. I don’t think the PC is really suited for this kind of game. It is an RPG, but the fighting is a big part of it which makes it a good console title.

So hey, since you seem do be dropping bits of info, what is the combat system in this game going to be like? More in the vein of KOTOR? The website says ‘action-rpg’, so I’ll assume that it’s closer to Zelda or Dark Cloud 2?

Probably closer to Zelda. It’s real time combat, it’s not a fighting game primarily any more than KotOR is a lightsaber simulator.

http://jade.bioware.com/fighting_styles/

That has nothing to do with a statement as ridiculous as “I for one would not want a fighting style game on the PC.” Would you be offended that such a game exists? Did you want to trade your PC in the day Bikini Karate Babes was released? Hmmm, wait, I think see what you mean.

Anyway, good luck with Jade, though. If that KB sale is real and I get an XBox I’ll keep an eye out for it.

You know, you wouldn’t have to buy it.[/quote]

Regardless, show me one successful fighting game on the PC.[/quote]

I thought Oni had a good system for fighting. I don’t know if it sold well though … which is what I’m sure the console version ensures.

That has nothing to do with a statement as ridiculous as “I for one would not want a fighting style game on the PC.” Would you be offended that such a game exists? Did you want to trade your PC in the day Bikini Karate Babes was released? Hmmm, wait, I think see what you mean.

Anyway, good luck with Jade, though. If that KB sale is real and I get an XBox I’ll keep an eye out for it.[/quote]

Not offended in any way, shape or form. I just stated that even if there were more fighting games on the PC I wouldn’t be a customer. The fact that there aren’t many shows that most people wouldn’t be or someone would be making them for that market.

Is anyone sure they don’t need an operator interface?

Do you make a collector’s edition?

Its kind of mysterious how Microsoft doesn’t want to translate Magatama, but now this game appears, I’m sure they knew of it as Bioware was planning it, right?

I heard that this is the game Bioware has wanted to make for years and years now, even before the original Baldur’s Gate, but only now has the technology been around to realize it and their craft honed from previous games. That was probably a good idea, seeing as how Baldur’s Gate, no offense, but despite being quite an innovative genre raiser, wasn’t nearly as good as Baldur’s Gate II, and even that seemed to have been trumped by KOTOR.

In any event, I was quite amused at the comments on the Gaming Age Forums about how the art style doesn’t seem authentic. As an artist and a guy whose sunk perhaps thousands of hours into research of hopelessly cultures and subcultures art mediums throughout history, I felt like smacking them with the reality stick, but “eh.”

You know, it really seems like you’re going for more of a console RPG style this time around, just inheriting the good parts of the computer RPG (more non-linear and branching). Even the website looks more in the style of a console RPG. Do you know, by any chance who is supervising the art direction in the game and what is propelling them to choose these certain things? Man, the questions I’d bug him with if I had the chance! :D

Anyway, I was glad to hear you could break things in the environment and use them as weapons, or things such as that, as this is an element that has been found in bits and pieces (FFX, Crystal Chronicles, Dragon Quarter) but has never been developed to my satisfaction, especially with all the potential a 3D world entails for environmental interaction in battle, its really quite inexcusable that its taken this long to emerge, I think. Oh yeah and its about time Bioware did an airship in one of their games! I’ve always thought you needed one, you could challenge Square now in that department (no one else really has the manpower, except Namco, do they?)

In any case, Henpecked Ho reminds me of an Osakan merchant, or those legendary pork butchers from the south of China. As the sound guy, are you working with any particular Eastern instruments? BTW, just so you know, if you can put the sound of sen’i in one of the more summery natural environments and make it sound authentic, I will buy an Xbox just to hear tha (once it goes down to $99 and I can import one on the cheap)!

Hmmm…this is debuting at TGS? (Hmmm, first Starcraft: Ghost and now this.) Is anyone from Bioware going to be there? Would I be able to like say, “Hi” to anyone you know tomorrow?

-Kitsune

As far as I know only Greg, Ray and Scott (marketing) are at TGS. The trailer will be shown to the public, and the press are getting private demos. The art director is Matt Goldman, but we give our artists a lot of freedom within the concept of the world to be creative.

It might be a nice little market to dig out. Fighting game nuts already love their KoF, Garou, SF, and Vs. games via emulation and Kaillera. Most of those guys already have either PC arcade sticks or converters too, and those who don’t would view buying one the same way as buying a wheel for a driving game. Or they could just snag a $10 gamepad or Playstation2-to-USB converter. Built in net support, power of modern PC technology…why not? Could it really be that much more of a niche market than racing or flight sims?

Ye…what? Which part is the fact, the chicken or the egg?

Ye…what? Which part is the fact, the chicken or the egg?[/quote]

As I stated, the chicken was hatched and it became dinner. There have been fighting games on the PC, so the chicken/egg argument is misleading.