Sharknado - Asylum masterpiece

Who watched it last night on Syfy? It was incredible. Twitter trending was through the roof. Mia Farrow even watched it!

And yes, it’s about a tornado full of sharks.

I caught a little part of it. What I saw was absolutely compelling. I’m very glad I don’t live in Sharknado Alley.

Does Tara Reid look any better than she has? She has been a great example of plastic surgery gone bad.

Oh, this just aired? I had a friend on FB who started a couple threads about it yesterday. We had a disussion about the inevitable sequel. He wanted SHARKANO!, a giant erupting volcano full of sharks. I told him that’d be impossible, but I could definitely see a case being made for MUDSHARKSLIDE!, an erupting volcano and it’s horde of sharks swimming through the lahor caused thereby, or TSUSHARKNAMI!, a giant tsunami full of sharks, natch.

I told him that’d be impossible, but I could definitely see a case being made for MUDSHARKSLIDE!, an erupting volcano and it’s horde of sharks swimming through the lahor caused thereby, or TSUSHARKNAMI!, a giant tsunami full of sharks, natch

Surely to get the proper transmedia effect it needs to be TSULIONAMI or similar. A tsunami full of sharks is what you’d expect.

Actually, Sharknami makes some sort of vague sense. But guys, it wasn’t Torsharknado for a reason.

Fair pont. Though I don’t think a little ‘T’ in front would be completely amiss. The whole ‘Tsu’, though, you’re right.

For an inevitable sequel, I kept seeing “BEARICANE” getting thrown around last night too.

Sharknami™, bwahahaha! Pay me, SyFy! ;-)

Pirahnacane - whole cows are lifted into the air and tripped to the bone in less than a minute!

EAGLEQUAKE.

Squidrocco

I sadly watched a bit of this, and it was like a train wreck … it was honestly hard to turn away. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse “movie” in my life, and I’ve seen some bad one.
The plot: somebody should be marched in front of a firing squad.
The writing: horrendous beyond belief.
The effects: a first-grader with crayons would have been better.
The so-called-acting: OMGterrible.

And yet I still spent about 15 minutes watching what was apparently the climax.
It involved, among other things:
Some kid flying a helicopter right by various “sharknados” and having his girlfriend lob small home-made bombs, which somehow made them dissappear. One of the sharks decided to bite and hang onto one of the skids, his girlfirend deciding to try and stab it to make it fall off, her then falling out and getting snatched out of midair by a shark. The kid’s response was “Oh, … oh no” and he then struggled to land the helicopter (whose model kept changing depending on the camera shot).

Then a few minutes later …

The same kid’s father jumping up into the mouth of a shark that had fallen thousands of feet with a running chainsaw to apparently try and save his daughter who had been on the ground in its path but was already been moved out of the way. He then cut his way out of the shark, and magically pulled out his son’s girlfriend from the same shark. She needed CPR as she had somehow gotten water in her lungs (nevermind the thousands of feet she fell, the shark that ate her, etc.).

If that happened in a Saint’s Row game, you’d think it was the most awesome thing in the world!

It sounds like you don’t like things that are awesome.

Mission accomplished!

Did you see the part where it was raining sharks, and this kid was just trying to run for cover but got his arm bitten off by a falling shark, he was writhing on the ground with blood spurting everywhere from his shoulder stump, then a giant hammerhead shark fell on top of him and squashed him? That would totally suck if that happened to you! Have some compassion, man.

THIS WAS GREAT CINEMA.

The gods have heard the pleas of the people.

SYFY’S SHARKNADO DEVOURS THE INTERNET! MOST SOCIAL PROGRAM ON ALL OF TELEVISION ON JULY 11

FIVE THOUSAND TWEETS – A MINUTE, SYFY’S MOST SOCIAL TELECAST EVER

BY POPULAR DEMAND – ENCORE BROADCAST THURSDAY, JULY 18 AT 7PM

NEW YORK – July 12, 2013 – Syfy’s Original Movie Sharknado devoured the Internet last night during its July 11 premiere, becoming the most social program on all of television – broadcast and cable – as well as Syfy’s most social telecast ever.

At its peak, Sharknado generated nearly 5K tweets a minute!

With 387K social mentions (97% driven by Twitter with the top hashtags #sharknado and #syfy), Sharknado bested competitive cable/broadcast programming including CBS’ Big Brother/The Big Bang Theory and was within 2.5K tweets of the Game of Thrones’ #Red Wedding episode.

Among the celebrities tweeting were Patton Oswalt, Damon Lindelof, Elizabeth Banks, Olivia Wilde, Mia Farrow – even the American Red Cross.

Given the enormous popular demand, Syfy will present a special encore presentation of Sharknado on Thursday, July 18 at 7PM (ET/PT).

LMAO - are we sure it didn’t in one of those DLC’s?

Struggling with the lack of scientific accuracy in the death of someone trapped inside of a giant shark which was inland because of the fact that it was caught in a huge tornado and had been living and consuming things as it swirled around therein seems to be kind of missing the forest for the trees, no?

I look forward to the Mythbusters Sharknado episode.