Sharknado - Asylum masterpiece

Sharknado 3 , so good in so many bad ways! Anyone else get to see it? Hoff freaking saved America!
Also, sadly we all now know there will be no proper ending to Game of Thrones. :(

Don’t forget to Vote for Sharkano 4!

Lets see if the Sharknado crowd also embraces the lava spiders!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8E3n5XS42A

Shaknado 3: Oh Hell No…? is it really called that?

And will it be “Sharknado 4: Are You Kidding Me?”?

Are these movies like watching Trump run for president? You wanna look away, but ya can’t cause it’s just that bad.

They are a shared national dirty secret.

We all agree that they are terrible, that they have no redeeming values, and that we enjoyed the heck out of them… and then we will agree as a society to never to speak of them again. Just the Macarena, bell bottoms, and dub step.

I watched Lavalantula on Saturday. It was better than Sharknado 3.

It had Ralph Garmin playing the same character he did on Sharktopus. In a way, Sharknado, Lavalantula, and Sharktopus are now in a shared universe of movies.

I haven’t watched Sharknado 3 yet, but I did watch Lavalantula and it had me laughing quite a bit throughout, thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the fact that it was the folks from Police Academy standing against the spiders at the end.

Asylum presents: Dead 7.

What if all the less-successful boy-band members got together to fight zombies in cowboy country?

Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter, AJ McLean and Howie Dorough, NSYNC’s Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, 98 Degrees’ Jeff Timmons, and O-Town’s Erik-Michael Estrada, Jacob Underwood, Trevor Penick, and Dan Miller.

Awesome.

That… actually looks pretty good.

Production-value wise.

So… Sharknado: The 4th Awakens was on.

At this point, it’s just a string of random cameos with shark scenes stuck between them.

I like that the series now has its own posters.

Also, THE HOFF!

I haven’t seen a single one of these.

However the last time we went to The Big City (Fargo), I attempted to remedy the situation when I went to Best Buy and grabbed a bunch of DVDs out of the $5 bin to watch during my vacation. One of them was the first Sharknado. I realized its legendary status, and was happy to have it for such a low price (I didn’t really need the Criterion Collection Edition).

When I took my selections to the check-out lane, there was no line; it was very slow. The young man started scanning them, but then stopped when he got to Sharknado. He glanced up at me (I’m old and gray and the rest of my movies were actually good classics) and said, “I’m sorry sir, but I cannot let you buy this.”

“Why not?”
“Do you know anything about this movie?”
“Film. It’s a film. I believe it won some awards, and I am familiar with some of the actors.”
He laughed and put it behind the counter. “Trust me. You don’t want this.”
“But I do.”
“No. You’ll thank me later.” And he scanned the rest of my stuff while we talked about computer gaming. I think he was just kidding, and was honestly going to bring the movie back up from behind the counter, but he and I both forgot about it.

In any case, because of that young hooligan, I left without the damn movie. Didn’t even realize it until we got home.

But I won in the end. Bought it from Amazon for the same price. And reading this thread, I feel validated in my purchase. Thank you all.

Wow, LavaLantula 2 is on right now! Or 2Lava2Lantula or whatever it’s called.

“How’s ‘Gator doin’?” [referring to Alligator Dundee]
“He’s stopped bleeding! Or he ran out of blood, one of the two.”

Giles, that’s a funny story. :)

The story should have ended there, but with you telling us you send that man a Christmas card every year.

-Tom

Sharknado 5: Global Swarming

“Make America Bait Again”

August 6th. 8PM

[quote]
Syfy has also revealed the guest cast on tap for Sharknado 5, which includes model Fabio playing the pope (sorry, Jude Law). Musician and actress Charo will portray the Queen of England, and Chris Kattan is set as the English prime minister.

Other guest stars include Tony Hawk, Clay Aiken, Olivia Newton, Bret Michaels, Margaret Cho, Gilbert Gottfried, Greg Louganis, Tom Daley, Porsha Williams (The Real Housewives of Atlanta), Dan Fogler and Game of Thrones’ Ross Mullan. Today hosts Al Roker, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb will appear as themselves.[/quote]

Aw man. With a cast like that, I’m in.
Fabio as The Pope? Genius.

They could NOT have timed this better. Given yesterday’s Paris Treaty announcement.

Two updates.

First, the trailer for Global Swarming:

Second, Trump almost had a cameo in the third movie as President - way before he even became a candidate in real life.

But enthusiasm turned into weeks of silence from the Trump camp. Eventually, a reason for the stalling emerged. “Donald’s thinking about making a legitimate run for the presidency, so we’ll get back to you,” Latt recalls Cohen saying. “This might not be the best time.” With the production clock ticking, Asylum pulled the trigger on a backup plan, offering the role to Mark Cuban — a modest casting coup that Syfy trumpeted with a press release.

“Then we immediately heard from Trump’s lawyer,” recalls Latt. "He basically said, ‘How dare you? Donald wanted to do this. We’re going to sue you! We’re going to shut the entire show down!’ " Contacted by THR, Cohen acknowledges a dinner with Ziering to discuss casting Trump but says he has no recollection of the angry correspondence.

Webb, now at his own production company, is philosophical about the dustup. “I took it personally, but I get it now,” he says. “That was my moment of doing business with Donald Trump. And that’s Sharknado.”

“Make America Bait Again”

I laughed far too much at that.