Sharknado - Asylum masterpiece

Why are you guys burying the lede! Here’s the real awesomeness Sharknado failed to attain, from the Washington Post story:

-Tom

That was quite an elaborate hoax you just pulled there, @tomchick.

Anyone else get to see it? So amazing. You can tell they had double the budget of the last film!

Also Tara Reid looks amazing for a 60 year old woman.

That amazing opening, and then later a Nuclear Sharkzilla! . So many D-list cameos! :D

The next one is gonna be so good.

The Last Sharknado: It’s About Time will be released on August 19th.

Our hero Fin (Ian Ziering) has battled sharks all over the globe, but in this last installment he will tackle the final shark-tier – time travel. In the ending moments of SHARKNADO 5: GLOBAL SWARMING, Fin was seen wandering alone on Earth after it was destroyed. Now he must travel back in time to stop the Sharknado that started it all. Will Fin and the gang be able to set everything right and save the world once and for all? A production of The Asylum, THE LAST SHARKNADO: IT’S ABOUT TIME is directed by Anthony C. Ferrante, based on an original screenplay by Scotty Mullen.

Shouldn’t that read “directed by Alan Smithee, based on an original screenplay by Alan Smithee”?

In preparation for this latest film, the girlfriend and I have made a pact to binge-watch all five of the previous films.

May God have mercy on your souls.

If your relationship can withstand that, you are set for life! ;)

Hey I loved some Alan Smithee (IMDb) films. Can’t think of any right at the moment, but just look at all of the different aspects of filmmaking he was involved with. He was a very busy man.

The poster is glorious!

I wonder what the budget of this newest one is.

I mean hell, now I’m seeing dinosaurs. The FX budget must be enormous.
(BTW, we still haven’t done our marathon of the other films. We need to get on that.)

So…they are going back in time to prevent the first Sharknado from ever occurring?

I believe so, also Ian Ziering is secretly going back to prevent Tara Reid from ever making it to her first successful movie audition. ;)

Uh, have you actually seen the FX in these movies?

Frankly, I don’t think CG is that expensive these days. Just find some overseas studio hungry for work, throw them a few bucks, splice in the week of quick n’ dirty shooting you did with your cast, and, voila!, a Syfy movie.

-Tom

No, which is why we are planning to do a Sharknado marathon before this final movie comes out.
The poster up there makes it look like there must be some great CGI in there. I mean, think of it; you would absolutely need some great CGI to pull off any scene featuring sharks spinning around inside a tornado! If they settled for a poor job of FX, it wouldn’t be believable.

We cannot wait to experience this spectacle! I imagine the first film will be the best one, since the budget for first films are generally higher than for sequels. The original “Planet Of The Apes” films, for example. The budgets for the sequels decreased sharply with each succeeding film. I would imagine the same holds true here.

Heh. It was two years ago that I posted about our trip to Fargo, when the dude wouldn’t sell me the DVD for the first movie, and I ended up buying it from Amazon. And we still haven’t seen it! Great anticipation.

Don’t do it! Life is too short!

(Says the guy who just watched Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets for a second time…)

-Tom

Stop animation with plastic dinosaur toys is just a smidge below what you’ll see.

He has to do it, to see if his relationship can withstand it, if so he is set for life with a great partner! ;)

@Giles_Habibula , did you survive the marathon?

Because tonight tonight tonight, whoa ohhhhhhhhh

We’re gonna fight sharks tonight whoa ohhhhhhhhh

Also this could be an option for a gift for the girlfriend!

I watched about five minutes of Sharknado 3. The part where Frankie Muniz gets eaten, mostly.

That’s about all I’ll ever need.