Shatner to star in 'Shit My Dad Says' pilot

So did anybody watch this? I haven’t heard a single thing about it yet, as if everyone DVR’d it and hasn’t bothered to watch it yet.

It hurt me to watch it.

It was awful, painful in fact. I didn’t laugh once.

I was looking forward to this series, the premise is great, having the Shat as a bat-shit-crazy-outspoken-elderly father…but it just crashed and burned. The writers just didn’t seem to understand how to make it funny.

I got this far in (about five minutes):

Guy: The cucumbers are huge, it’s like Land of the Lost out there.

Captain Kirk: You should see my zucchini!

Guy: I think I did last night, when you answered the door in your jammies!

It got huge ratings. Piece of crap beat 30 Rock, so it may be around for a while.

Son of a bitch!

Do not under estimate the power of Shatner!

Though I think people tuned in just to see how bad it would be to be honest.

That was their best line from the pilot. People can judge whether they want to watch this show from this.

I liked the little line, where Shatner said, why can’t anyone do a good impersonation of him ?

:p

Everyone’s talking about Sh!t My Dad Says!

Shmtur - “Amusing!”
Tromik - “…Watch it.”
Brian Rubin - “I…laugh.”
Cornfuzed - “The writers…understand how to make it funny.”

Allagash - “Wow. It’s…inspired.”
cornfuzed - “This series…is great.”
EvilIdler - “Watch this show.”

Hahahahahaha

shatner on the late late show with Craig Ferguson back on the 18th

was very good, wish his new show was as funny as his interview…

Parts 1 & 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKj8aDk4-sE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCgU3zItZ1U&feature=player_embedded

Shows like Curb and the UK Office used to cause discomfort, that vicarious shame and embarrassment. I think I’ve sort of become desensitized to a lot of that stuff. This show brought those feeling back, only it wasn’t discomfort felt for the fictional characters, it was discomfort felt for the actors, writers, and people who actually laughed.

Wow, what a contrast to his actual sitcom! Never would have thought that the Shat could riff that well.

haha! that was fantastic, thanks for the links, I didn’t know the Shat could make me laugh like that outside of Boston Legal.

Can we agree to stop talking about this show? The talent in charge is not very good, so there’s a 0.01% it will ever get less terrible.

There’s nothing wrong with creating a separate thread for awesome Ferguson interviews.

I’ll only say that these guys need to watch Titus to see how this is done right.

Closest thing we have to a dedicated Shatner thread, I think.